AS-Arrival - EndScence GPF

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BaTRaT

Feb 15, 2002
Michigan, USA
When I play this map on our LAN, the endscence kicks the players out of the server. (connection failed). We reconnect, and we've switched from Offense to D sucessfully, however, we seem to be continually getting connection failed when trying to view the endscene.

Of course if we play it locally in a practice session, OR host a game on our PC's, the endscene is fine.

Anyone else seen this?

Yep, it does it everytime in online play, something about the end cinematic causes the server to go uncooperative. When I had it on our old server, it would freeze clients and the server would crash (lucky serverdoc would restart it). According to the comments posted on its review at NaliCity, the author was aware of the bug and thought he fixed it, but never released the new version. When the WAR league was forming and going through the pain and suffering of map testing/selection, I tried to contact the author to get the fixed version, with no response. It seems to be a dead issue, since he didn't plan to make any other maps. It was a shame, I kinda liked the map. If you ever manage to track him down and get the file, let me know.

A friend gave me an Unrealengine e-mail addy that I put in the readme for the map and right after I released it Unrealengine closed up shop, so I never recieved a single e-mail regarding the map.

I didn't release the fix because I didn't think anyone liked the map or cared, so I didn't bother. Otherwise, I would have gotten right on it. But, the fix is released now. I sent the map to Sullen Scrota and he uploaded it somewhere but I don't know the download link he set up, but you can get it from this site:

http://furpile.com/UTCMS/index.html

Just scroll down to the April 7 news posts. Or you could ICQ me at 72719220 and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Thanks for liking it, BTW:)

isn't it cool that you get appreciated ?

i like the map very much, and the 'old' maps get a bit boring

always nice to see a good as-map

feel free to make another one :P

Yes, the tractor beam is different, and overall I find the map quite fun.

Yesterday we were defending and sniping guys as they used the tractor beam. Needless to say, they were quite upset (no way to fight back).

:D

Yeah, ifigured it would be tough to get all the way up the tractorbeam without some support. I would have done something about it, but I figured anything the encourages teamwork is a good thing.

Nice to know some people are playing the map online. Personally I have yet to play a game of anything other than 1 on 1 assault in that map against humans. Of course if someone were to contact me *cough*72719220*cough* when they were gonna play....;)