are my eyes fooling me??

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
weapons have been tweaked. more on par with UT1, but less spammy. kind of a blend of UT2K3s balance, with UTs accessibility and ease of use. its just a little kick back toward the old direction in 2K4 now.
will shock rifles secondary fire move faster in ut2k4? maybe its just me but it felt odd in 2k3 for some reason
ie cant imagine how u could combo moving vehicle with it :Joystick:

ViPah said:
will shock rifles secondary fire move faster in ut2k4? maybe its just me but it felt odd in 2k3 for some reason
ie cant imagine how u could combo moving vehicle with it :Joystick:

hah! just wait till a moving vehicle combos YOU and your entire team

the hellbender passenger turret is basically an ASMD combo machine. you spray a field of shock balls, aim at the one you want, and they all detonate in a continuous chain reaction explosion. great for killing people on foot.

shock combo has been tweaked but i dont recall exactly how.

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
spider webby maps with teleporters that lead to unnecessary parts of the map that have already been completed or are not yet relevant... the layouts of some of those maps are just counter-intuitive and complex for no good reason.
So how are the defenders spawns done in 2k4 ?
Sounds to me that 2k4 maps are done without teleports, like the defenders will be forced to spawn at/near the objective in order.

hmm how many clans are there..5 div full of players.. times 8 is 40 and that times 8,9,10...i wouldnt call assault dead..but we as as players do play other gametype's aswell...why dont u clock the playercounter on a night when the servers are booked....total wrong image ur getting

but i am v happy with the fast explosive game willhaven :thumb:

assault isnt dead but compared to CS or so (which i think u compare it with, or maybe any other big played mod) assault is only 0.1% of CS
still its a very tight community, and who cares what we play? as long as we have fun!

Does it matter really if assault is dead or not?
Yes ofcourse we have our "little" community, but its also the only reminder of assault thats left

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
the hellbender passenger turret is basically an ASMD combo machine. you spray a field of shock balls, aim at the one you want, and they all detonate in a continuous chain reaction explosion. great for killing people on foot.

lol, that sounds like the excessive mutator.

what i did mean whit "the more info i get it just sounds to me its turned out to be ctf whitout trans " is that whitout launching u take a lot of trick and gameplay out from the game , its like ctf :p:

anyway i also asked how high the shiekd would take u ? like a boost dodge or as it in ut2k3 today?

and i have also read that Assault wont be in the demo ( cant remember where tho ). that is weird to me u prolly have worked hard whit assault and then u dont have it in the demo :confused:

and thx willhaven for taking the time whit us btw :thumb:

Japster said:
So how are the defenders spawns done in 2k4 ?
Sounds to me that 2k4 maps are done without teleports, like the defenders will be forced to spawn at/near the objective in order.
yes. defenders spawn near what they are defending instead of a central hub (NOT like in overlord, for instance)

Sauron said:
lol, that sounds like the excessive mutator.
fairly similar actually. but instead of all exploding at once, they fire off in a chain. they have a maximum trace distance between explosions, so you could fire off 10 in one direction and 10 in another then set off both chains independently once they reach their destination.

187 said:
what i did mean whit "the more info i get it just sounds to me its turned out to be ctf whitout trans " is that whitout launching u take a lot of trick and gameplay out from the game , its like ctf :p:

anyway i also asked how high the shiekd would take u ? like a boost dodge or as it in ut2k3 today?

and i have also read that Assault wont be in the demo ( cant remember where tho ). that is weird to me u prolly have worked hard whit assault and then u dont have it in the demo :confused:

and thx willhaven for taking the time whit us btw :thumb:
i dont know how high a boost dodge takes you. but the shield wont give you much of an extra boost. if you double jump after a hammer "jump", you will get a tiny boost.

as for AS in the demo, i still dont know either way for sure. i dont know what maps for what gametypes will be in the demo :)

yes. defenders spawn near what they are defending instead of a central hub (NOT like in overlord, for instance
Oh great. welcome to linearity.

ZzzzZZzzZZZzZzzzz.....

Humph said:
Oh great. welcome to linearity.

ZzzzZZzzZZZzZzzzz.....
WRONG...

take a look at the overhead layout of junkyard. i know its TINY... but its the big pic in the lower right. all those green orange and blue lines are paths and alternate paths that the vehicle can take to escape the map. the map ends at the lower left side of the pic. there are many spots you can see where the road forks and re-joins. there are also a couple other paths that are semi-secret/difficult that are hard to see on this pic.
h1.jpg

take a look at some more AS pics.
the top 6 are Convoy Junkyard and Mothership... the very last pic is also junkyard. the other 3 pics are from Onslaught maps.
http://www.unrealbase.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=139

With all the new additional info screens : radar, voip control panel, etc. will 2k4 support 2 monitors ?

dear god in heaven i just saw those screenshots but dont make it THAT crowded..screenshot 11 looks great..but wtf 27 minutes attacking?! tthat means it will take about 5 minutes to get to each objective..so that would mean if u dont get the 2nd objective in like 10 minutes u will be stuck in a map for 20 minutes..because the map is too big to get the objectives......i think that thats why certain maps arent played in this leageu..because its too big to attack and def...we had several big maps

It looks very nice indeed willhaven.
I wont say good job before i tried it, but i hope ill be able to say so after i have.