Anyone play EQ

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re: Anyone play EQ

"whereas EQ you can have a decent-ish character in a matter of a week, plus the fact its linear so its easy to pick up"

lol, i DONT think so, little more then a year ago when i visited my friend he had been playing eq for 6 months and still was "only" level 48 ( not max level even then ).. Then consider he has played about 8 hours average a day, during that 6 months he had played 52*24 hours with that character only and still not reach the max level who was on 50 before the kunark pack..

Ah yes mournblade,who could forget the mighty Daggerfall:) Shame it was so bloody bugged.

Stats in EQ=@#%$

Youj would think agility would help you dodge opponnets attacks wouldn't you? Not here. You would think that a higher dexterity would help you proc your weapons more often wouldn't you? See above answer. Strength is arguable and so is wisdom and intelligence. As for constitution and charisma....well :lol:
How do you enjoy being hit by a monster that is on the other side of the zone? Isn't fun is it? I don't recall being hit through a wall being fun either. How about the rules that mob AI follows? They just released the Velious expansion in December over here in the states. The Rogue class had to wait 21 months for traps to be put in? I distinctly remember it being metioned on the first edition box....
Wait no, it took Verant over 8 months to finally realize what their player base knew 2 months after the game went live. The Alchemy skill didn't advance! :lol: Then it took a couple more months for the skill to even become viable.

I directly called Abashi a liar when he said that backstab did not move a Rogue up on the hate list. Everyone with SEQ and a brain could tell you that it did. Hell, you didn't even have to have SEQ.

I mean, I could continue if you want. Let me know. We could move onto the CS department, the way petitions are handled and whatnot. BTW I was a guide on Bristlebane so I've seen both sides.

Blah, bugs in Daggerfall were not so .. hum, well, ok ! It was hypra-bugged but still, its the only game that deserve to be called RPG imho ! And i spend some looooong loooong month on this freaking game.

Oh yeah,

Arnet: Have you ever seen a DE SK go from lv1 to lv50 in 4 days? I have the email for a guy to email if you want any character, any race/class Planes capable in the next week.
What was your friend smoking? I hit 30 with Sofie(Barb Rogue) in a little under 3 months @ maybe 20 hours a week. 30 came in 6 weeks I think with Nak(Assling Druid).

EQ is linear. Period. UO and AC are also both linear too to a certain extent.

Err nakiko, for the first, no one brings up an character to level 50 in 4 days, otherwise that would be a really rich guy considering accounts of level 50 characters at least a while ago was sold for around 1000 dollars on e-bay. :lol:

But of course there is guys that can get you anything within a week, any item character or whatever, just for the right money. If u look at ebay u will find that there is alot of professional traders who made hundreds of transaction, therefore gaining the needed reputation to be able to buy low and sell high....

And about that level 30 stuff, so what, if im right ( never played the game myself ) the levels are logarithmical so for every level increase the next step is larger... Which means bringing a character from 48 to 49 perhaps is like bringing one from 25-30, what do i know.... So level 30 would then not mean a thing...

and my friend smoking weed, dont think so, hes pretty damn smarter then an average computer player ill tell u.. Also hes in the servers best guild ( paradigm )so i guess he knows to play it..

And well, u said u played for 7 months or something? Wouldnt that make u kinda a newbie in that game? No pun intended but since u came up with the weed smoking accusation...

Well not sure about that

Plenty of gits around with no life. As for bringing a character up in 4 days, (lvl 50) that does not sound to far off in my ears, why?

Well take a look at the new server opened for roughly 1 month ago. (havent been on it for 10-14 days due to gfx problems, causing my comp to crash trying to start EverRest).

Anyway the first people hit 50 withing those 14-21 days since opening, that was without twinking (totally new server, makes twinking hard). Anyway with the right twink equipment, a good high level char around to help you racking in the kills, etz etz. 1 week would not sound wrong in my ears. As for 4 days, doubt it but again, might be done, but would take someone with no life beside EverQuest.

Re: Well not sure about that

Hmm sounds like me, if I'd played Everq. no life and all playing games

Well, ok, i might ask my friend, all i said was 13 month old info so :p :lol:

His name was Tekno D'Feared on Cazic Thule. Hes done a 50 in just over 2 days playing time too, and yes, he made a decent amount of money on eBay.

I played EQ for about 14 months.

Nakiko seeing that u dont wanna play u could give me ure items and all your money

Tek

Ill investigate it! BTW, whats the highest leveled guy on the servers u play???

Because they really cant ( i hope ) be worse then his guilds superfreak, who not only play 24/7 ( actually only 18-20/7 ) but also uses 4 computers simultanious just to boosts his main char... lmao
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like Xate....

I gave all my equip and account to a guild. Go bother Shadowed Souls for it if you want any of it :lol:

lol, asked my friend and he admitted due to the expanions etc that a high lvl can twink up peeps quick, but he told me it only applied to some classes.

And he ought to know since he is a gamemaster now ;) :lol:

Gah, and when has Verant known more about their own game then the players have? :lol:

Err is Verant the game producer or what?. Well he is a player gamemaster anyway of course ;)

Hes not a server gamemaster, but more like halfideally working dude. And to get into that position its obvious u need to be rather in to the game, from what i know the employed gamemasters also plays the games really much and has contact whit the players ( Heck they even give them surnames ), so i think its pretty obvious he knows what hes talking about. In some months he has played it 2 year fulltime for christ sakes... :lol:

With fulltime as real fulltime, not like a few hours per day... Here in sweden one doesnt have to work or study to get supported.. :p

So hes a Guide? I've been there, I left the program on my own accord cause I couldn't deal with the restraints that Verant places over its Customer Service staff. I've seen Head Server GMs tell players that they honestly would like to help them, but Verants policies prevent them from doing so.

If I would be able to get it for free, I would surely play it!! I just love RPG!! (and UT of course ;) )