another virus mail

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
Hmm just got a question from my dad who received another e-mail about a virus warning, normally i would dismiss it as a stupid hoax but because he actually found the file on his computer and i didn't, i thought i'd ask just to check... E-mail was in dutch so i translated it into english, leaving out the stupid rubbish surrounding it:

"I just found out that a virus spread itself automatically through my adresbook. Because you are in my adresbook you might have gotten the virus by now. The virus jdbe.exe will not be found by anti-virus software.

bla bla bla

Go to find and search for jdbgmr.exe, it has a teddy-bear icon and if you find it completely remove it... bla bla bla send this message on..."

bs rite?

Its the Java Debug Manager.
His machine would still work if you deleted it, but some sites with Java functionality would be a bit screwed.

Never listen to chain emails ;)

I got the teddybear mail a few years ago, but haven't heard anything of it since then.

Harmless virus,and btw, you send it with the mail they tell you to send ;)