an idea for leagueAS ???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Towanda

Old ppl dont dodge
Jun 8, 2001
Sweden
The way things are now ping affect match results in quite a big way. Isn't therer a way to make minimum ping, say 100 so the high ping bastards can get some extra cream for their conns?

even if it wont give the other team a better ping it would reduce the "low ping advantage" :)

Its kind of boring to be on a team where everybody have 150 ping and play another team where all have sub 60 ping.

I know many wont like this idea but it would even the ping issue out an make matches fairer :)

Myself I sometimes ping 50-60 and sometimes 200+

wtf? lmao

we prolly pay as much the same for our internet as other ppl why should there be a minimum when we are paying for the 60? :confused:

Aint gonna happen. UT's netcode is buried way outa reach of uscript programmers. I've been trying to find a way of replacing the ping on F1 with the one you see on F6 (which is the REAL latency), but even that doesn't seem possible :(

I did manage to put in netspeed monitoring to clamp down on lagsliders a bit tho, but thats about it for netcode stuff.

Speaking of League Assault, I've got a couple of small bits of code editing to do tonight and the next version is pretty much done for testing.

Oh and its not called LeagueAS anymore ;)

What´s the new name of it?

Phear´s Ultimate LagSliding and Enabling All Known Cheats to bypass CHSP for Assault v1.00 ?

Shortname: PULSE

:P :P :P

Top secret :p:

Nothing exciting, only reason for a new name is to take out the emphasis of it being a "League mod" :)

nm its staying as LeagueAssault, renaming the packages threw up some problems that aint worth messing with for a name :)

towanda u really think that's a good idea?

if that would happen i leave the league :p:

why the hell should WE adapt to any other players?

what's the whole point of getting a better connection?

i luv my 50 ping (like that happens in a match... not... )

not my problem u can't get that kind of connection..

would it be possible to make the new version compatible with all the old ones?
i have some old demos from the time of leagueas 111
and they wont work with the new version
that'd be nice if you could manage it :)

oh and maybe it would be posible to change the team colours
in some maps i have sometimes problems seeing red players on middle and long distances coz the colour is close to the environment
maybe it is only my shitte old comp that has a pallette failure but i heard this of other players before so pls tell me what u think of that

thx for reading

towanda u really think that's a good idea?

if that would happen i leave the league:p:

See!!, it's even a better idea then i thought it was :P :p:

why the hell should WE adapt to any other players?
-Because it makes the game more fair, playing UT with 50 is almost a different game then playing it with 200 ping

what's the whole point of getting a better connection?
-faster download? ;)

i luv my 50 ping (like that happens in a match... not... )
-I like mine too, had it last 30 mins in a friendly this week (couldnt hit shit be4 i noticed it had dropped from 200 :D

not my problem u can't get that kind of connection..
-I have such a conn, see above :P, sometimes :\

Wasnt as flamed as I thought I would be, which at least proves sportmanship is high in the league (among most members) ;) :P

Too bad it can't be done :\

edit: typed from a lame laptop keyboard

well tbh the lag wasn't really wanted by epic :p: they would want it with ping 0 if it was possible (yes zp does sth like that but .... )
more and more ppl are getting better pings so why limit it to 100? would be useless

and yes i still luv my ping 50 :p:

tsu: :lol: yes i know :lol: i was drunk as well btw rofl

tbh i dont mind a ping 100 or even 140 ... (not saying i like it) but i can play with it.. but as soon as it goes 100-200-300 then i'm useless.. :)

@tsu: that was originally posted by Relax which u would have known if u read the entire thread:P

As for the suggestion, it was an only an idea and tbo, I would be willing to do it if the servers wherer placed where i have 30 ping. ping deciding who to win is not really what I like with ut, not that I blame my playing on shitty ping since it usually is pretty decent.

My shitty playing is more due to lazyness, old age and shitty reflexes :D