Amy Williams - Olympic Gold

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yeah very nice. And ofc silver and bronze for germany :D
Skeleton is just sick! I mean its already dangerous when u drive down with your head relativly unexposed...

Thats 7/12 possible medalls in that sliding center so far for us :lol: proofs again that were speed maniacs :rofl:

Yeah....gj Germany :thumb:

It is a very exciting track.....never know if they will make it to the end on their sledge!

Exactlky Gen....that's why we're so happy :D

Norway are doing pretty good in the medal tables :thumb: (Not so good in the ice hockey :()

Switzerland had a great game against Canada.....really good to watch.

mydayz GB wins gold in winter olympics!? Hell freezes over eh? :lol:
I guess the pressure is off Chemmy Walcot now :D

Grats GB!! :thumb:

Yeah....gj Germany :thumb:

It is a very exciting track.....never know if they will make it to the end on their sledge!

Exactlky Gen....that's why we're so happy :D

Norway are doing pretty good in the medal tables :thumb: (Not so good in the ice hockey :()

Switzerland had a great game against Canada.....really good to watch.

Winter olympics are our chance to shine, but its a complete mystery 2 me y were so bad at ice hockey. Guess we like snow, but not ice:lol:

The true olympian imo tho is Petra Majdic(female long distance skier), she broke 4-5 ribs in the qualifier and then won the semi final and the final..... awsome.

She didn't win gold but bronze. But still it was an unbelievable performance. Although she played with her life imo. From a medical point of view it's unwarrantable to start with four partially fractured ribs and squeezed lungs in endurance sports. I heard she was more than once insensible after the run and had to be lifted on the podium because she couldn't move anymore.
From the sportive point of view I can understand her totally though. She worked hard four years long for that one moment, so who cares about some broken ribs!

Well that swedish ski girl was pretty tought as well. Horrible crash on her first run and wins silver (?) the next day or so :lol:

Well that swedish ski girl was pretty tought as well. Horrible crash on her first run and wins silver (?) the next day or so :lol:

Yeah, Anja Pärson flies 65m in over 120km/h, goes on to win bronze medal next day in super combination (Downhill + Slalom)

edit: I can tell you from experience that coming back after a crash like this is almost impossible. What she did that day is mind-boggling. Crazy.

Love it.