Album Mp3 to Album CD.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Andy

I work for BT, adore me!
Jun 7, 2001
Wigan/Rochdale
"Right in my haste i ripped some cd albums to mp3, but dear me they are all one long mp3!" (legal bit covered)

Now to "back up" these discs i need to burn the mp3 to a cd, but alas since they are one mp3 i do not get the tracks seperately on the cd so i cannot skip songs, does anyone know a way to take one mp3 burn it to cd and it be seperate tracks, i.e. a piece of software magic.

virtual dub, adobe premiere, sonic foundrys sound forge.

Its simple, just get it to show u the output waves from the track, then start highlighting until u reach a bit with no amplitude and do CUT, then PASTE. Do it 12 times or wotever and save it and u got ur CD in less time than it took me to write this post

or you use dbPowerAMP Music Converter (or another mp3 to wav tool) to get a wav file and after that use Sonic Foundry Sound Forge to split the huge wav file up into small tracks.

sonic foundry sound forge . all you have to do is press a button and it marks the gaps inbetween tracks then you resave and burn to cd in nero and it will ask if you want to burn track info aswell say yes and roberts your fathers brother :)

an mp3 editor (ie Audacity)? wont let u burn them as u want to but u can skip the "converting to a huge .wav" part

You could also try Cool Edit Pro or Virtual Dub, both of which are available for free on Kazaa :P And also in the giftshop.

lol hadnt found that button yet .. pld Rich :thumb:. Only ever used sound forge for mixing tracks and adding fades etc for videos. Its a brilliant proggie though, not doubt.

Mr_Bungle said:
Good Question to ask Andy, i've needed to do this for ages.You still smell of pig-cunt though :D

And Bungle is only too well aware of the smell of pig cunt.

Try Sound Cutter. Piece of piss to use and avoids dicking about with wav files.

Yep sneaky but there are about a million versions of Virtual Dub and not all the most useful are on the homepage :/ But you're right about Kazaa - I've since found out it's a quick and efficient way to fuck your PC completely :(

If you possibly can, look for Virtual Dub with the SVCD capability - DVD editing allowed :) I've got it and it's the best one.

Anyway about the original question - there is a tiny program (freeware) which just splits mp3s into bits, and joins them together if you want. It's like HJSplit for mp3s. Get that and don't bother with all the huge progs. Er can't remember the name of it though sorry.