Advanced Assault

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re: Advanced Assault

"Plenty of servers run it including the assault league servers so it can't be all bad.. lift kill?"

Yes the league servers run it and that i think is bad, in last league game the door to shield room took of half of my shield.. And even more worse is aesthenosphere where ive as assaulter been killed from full health by the lift in end..

shield room?..Bridge?.... Astheno...lift?...didnt know there was a lift in Astheno ;)

The health damage for lift camping etc is set to default of 5 health I thought?..perhaps a bug...

hey Arnet: Didn't your mom tell ya to keep away from elevators? :lol:

Try it in RL. Open the doors, hide on the ground and tell a friend on the ground floor to call the elevator. :)

Nah, don't do it, would mean that i have to play then ;)

lmao@quapil :) :lol: lololololol

and yeah moonraker, bug or whatever, it happens with elevators / stuff that move fast... Shield room i refered to is where defenders get rl and shield right before the 2:nd spawn..

lift on aesthenosphere is just in end, so its not so fun to get killed there :/

and that elevator kicks ass, problem is not if u get under elevators.. problem is if u get on top of them but on the side so it goes up and u hit the head in roof and then again again again.. and that elevator as i said is kick ass fast, killed me before i realised what happened, and after that i never more got to the end... :/

If u ever played on DM maps with this mutator u know what i mean, then its a complete joke and its a damn pain using some elevators...

And why have damage at all? so ppl cant camp under the lift on guardia? I cannot think of any serious player raising that as an issue nowadays.. If id see anyone apart from a complete newbie under lift i might get killed but only becasue i would start laughing so much ;) :lol:

Well, dont take my feelings wrong about abp, i think there is a good thought behind it, and i have nothing personal against eavy either, cant have against anyone who was part of making RA.. :p :)

BUT, honestly playing with the apb has pissed me of plenty of times due to different reasons, we all have different experiences ;)

lol that Asthnos elevater, why the hell would u go up it ?
The only bad ones I know are the rook wheel and the hispeed switch which can kill you pretty much instantly.

The new scoring simply sux...
Why change it??

Harder objectives = higher score?

Who the @#%$ decides which objectives are harder than others?
It only depends on the defense how hard objectives are to destroy

Defenders getting points for killing people near objectives?
Now that sux...

Be prepared for some heavy objective-camping in AS (not only guardia) =(

All the changes will only help to make assault even "lamer"

lol Ace, if i dont remember wrong i left dodged a defender, then got to know i killed myself..

edit: and yes i was 100% before it

hey Arnet, I hope we still won that clanwar.......so it wouldn't be that bad :)

Just 2 things to say to CeCe.

Firstly you said it, the defence decideds how hard an objective is to get, and well I know that and have coded a system based on that (and other factors) to decided how many points an objective is worth. So please before you slate something, wait until I have explained how it works.

Secondly, objective camping? Oh my god I never thought I'd actually hear of someone complaining about playing Assault like Assault and not like DM. Please do correct me if I'm wrong but is it not the point to defend the damn objectives? If not then I've been playing this damn game wrong the whole time. Ok if I cant go into the attackers spawn area, and I can't stay by the objectives where can I go, must I go hide in the corner somewhere were no one can get me?

Thanx

NRG are objective campers, play hispeed or mazon against them :)
Damn them, they never spawncamp on them levels

Yeah Phear... please hide somewhere where u cant make stupid posts...

It's not defending the objectives what bothers me, it's the way it will be done with the "new" ""improved"" score system...

coded a system? I cant imagine that it's so easy to do something like that... well nice for you if you succeeded.

Wait until I have explained how it works?

You have your @#%$ homepage to explain how it works...
You didnt say anything about this "system" there, so HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!

Please dont post @#%$ like that because youre in "a bad mood".

I just posted my opinion on some of the planned changes... no need for such a flaming post... :/

how will defending the objectives be any different? :lol:

not easy to explain Inferno...

But just take doorspamming for example..

Why are people doing it?
Because they are so concerned with getting a high score... (I hate records)

I think the new system will only increase this and people will find new lame ways to "defend"...

"Yeah Phear... please hide somewhere where u cant make stupid posts..."

hohoooo, and that comes from the right direction.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k :)

Phear flaming? I dont think anyone apart from u read that in his post.. ;)

lol, yeah, now the 3 kills in garage i get in clan games actually might give me some points for once :)

Bad Mood? Me nope! Flaming? nah, taking the piss? Yeah maybe :lol:

Ok first off I put on the site "a more detailed description of how the new scoring works will be coming soon", the current description is too ambiguous for you to have drawn any logically conclusions from.

It's not defending the objectives what bothers me, it's the way it will be done with the "new" ""improved"" score system...

Ok, you got me again, whats a BAD way to defend an objective? Is it good to run away and leave the objective alone so Mr Attacker can come and get it, and is it bad to stay near the objective and kill that nice Mr Attacker as he is inocently coming to get it?

Anyway sillyness aside to you really think scoring is gonna change the way people play the game? Nah! The idea is to better reward people for their efforts. To me every kill the guy at the back makes is worth more than the guy at the front, but maybe thats cos I'm the guy at the back :lol: I don't forsee anyone changing their playing style, its just a more representative scoring system.

Thanx