adsl router

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

when I try to configure the damn router in my IE!
keeps saying Do you wanne connect to the internet or stay offline .

so I cant even configure the router :(

Lol, it said that with me, but u dont even need a dialup connection, you know that right? :P Internet is always on, you just need to open internet explorer, so just delete ur dialup and i think it should be ok...

Originally posted by RaMpaGe
when I try to configure the damn router in my IE!
keeps saying Do you wanne connect to the internet or stay offline .

so I cant even configure the router :(
:banghead:
go to properties of IE
tick never choos a dialup

then typ that number u got...think it is 10.0.0.138
then u get at the site
then use that thingy that will set the settings good
wait till operation complete..then u can use it =)

if u want u can go back to IE properties and tick the one u got before u unticked it :P

Manual for dummies ...

1. Plug it in. (Do i need to say both power and to the modem (phone-line) and a tp-cable to your computer from the router) =)
2. Go to your computer.
3. Click start/run and type: cmd in the run-box. (If using win95/98 you type: command instead)
4. Click ok after typing. (A console opens if you did it right)
5. In the console type: ipconfig and press "Enter/return" (If using win95/98 you type: winipcfg instead)
6. Check if you got an internal ip-adress, subnet-mask and gateway. (If not: The easiest way might need to just reboot or type: ipconfig /renew and press "enter/return"
7. Your ip looks something like this: 192.168.0.100 or 10.0.0.100 or it could be loads of different actually depending on the settings of the router.
8. Write down the ip of the default gateway on a paper or just copy it from the console.
9. Open Internet explorer and type: http://gateway-ip
10. Press Enter/return to execute.

:stupid:

Not trying to flame you dude, just boosting your networking-skills :rub:

P.s.
If the above manual doesn´t work:
Do this ---> :smash: or this ---> :throw:

have u removed connections from tools/internet options/connections ? also try checking box named "never dial a connection"