ADSL providers UK

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

PyROm451

Jun 12, 2001
lo, am looking to change my provider and wondering what ppl think are best. Am on business adsl atm, now that the consumer broaband for 2mb has dropped in price it worth swapping. Been looking at nildram, altho dont like the useage cap. Saw pipex which has unlimited useage but dont know how good thery are, also they wont give u a static ip. Any suggestions?

I heard good things about Zen Internet, I'm currently with Nildram (DSLPro 2000) and would only consider the move to them or someone more highly recommended!

Reactions: HUEY
No, he was looking for a "decent internet provider" not a "ROFMLPIMPO! I'VE GOT TEH INTARWEB ON MY PC SCREEN!!¬¬!11" provider.

Reactions: gringo
^what he said!!!!

(P.S what pyrom means about MY internet is his and mine :P Rember robin I have to use it too :P :D)

Last edited:
Only really two choices from my point of view.

Eclipse
Zen

see which one of the two suits you better.

eclipse have a very good online management system for yout adsl services which is very easy to manage but i think there more expensive than most. However rumour has it there going to drop soon.

ive been with eclipse for over a year and only had 1 real problem with them and that was a few week's ago when some of there routers went down ( it was all fixed quickly ) and in the process they updated all the routers.

I now get 4 hops and 15 ms to dutch servers which is better than most dutchies can ever hope for.

MyM came round to my house recently and he was amazed at the short routing to dutch/german servers i have.

Reactions: HUEY
Martz said:
No, he was looking for a "decent internet provider" not a "ROFMLPIMPO! I'VE GOT TEH INTARWEB ON MY PC SCREEN!!¬¬!11" provider.

:lol:

AOL come in for some shit, but if you have children that wanna use the net, they really aren't a bad option. A mate of mine is with them and I don't see any problems, I get DSL next month (finally, living in the sticks) and have gone for BT. Dunno if I made the right choice. Just hope I never have to ring them up.

eclipse offer free static ip's ( i have one )

u just change it over in the control panel.

NTL do adsl now too? I've got cable with them and had acbsolutely no bother whatsoever/

NTL are fine in area's but they dont have many good area's and i think they do adsl? ive seen ntl adsl i think.

I'm with plus.net (was with Nildram). I've found them to be excellent over the 8 months I've been with them. Their Web Based support is excellent (that always appeals to me cos my job is architecting such things) On 2Mb, will soon be 8Mb for the same price, unlimited usage.

Go with them and say "resonate" recommended you and I'll get 50p a month discount :D (50 p off per recommendation, curretntly get £1 discount).

I havent been keeping up with the best ADSL providers for a while, but when I was the top three were always Eclipse, Nildram and Zen - they swapped places between themselves, but it was always those three top.

We are on Eclipse and have found them great, they have a Flex service where we are on the 512Mb package at £20ish a month. We can choose to increase our connection up to 1Mb or 2Mb for an hour to 12 hours (or all weekend) if we want for 4p an hour or something. Works well for us when we are downloading service packs or City of Heros patches and so on.

Eclipse have been having problems for the past two weeks but everything is settling down again - asides from this we havent had any problems.

Static IPs are available for free - 1,2 or 5 (but you have to justify why you want 5 ;) ) You pick this from your control panel.

am i missing something on eclipses site? only service i can find with more then a 5gb/month cap is the flex service, which is £39 a month (£5 - £15 over other providers). /me runs off to buy glasses.