ADSL network (2 puters) and dsl-modems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Vince_Black

Dutch {SUYM} Gimp
Jun 17, 2001
@ home
Well i'm gonna move out of my parent's house and going to Amsterdam, where im gonna live with one of mate;s :)
thing is we need internet (duh, we wouldn't survive else ;))

we will order dsl connection, as cable is only provided by UPC, which i have had so many problems with in the past.... so dsl it is

Only thing is i dont know how to get 2 computers working seperatly on 1 dsl-connection. What do you suggest? do we need a multi-pc modem, rather not, as they are pretty expensive (afaik) or is a normal usb/ethernet modem sufficient?
I've had an network at home with an ethernet modem, but computer#2 had only internet connection when computer#1 was on. we dont want that (offcourse =)

any suggestion which modem and how to get both pc's running on the same connection seperatly?

thnx :)

ps: for the dutchies on the forums: which dsl provider you got? which are good/bad. preferbly low costs (as we are poor students ;))

edit: what does a router and modem cost these days? =)

Last edited:
Netgear dg834 adsl firewall router.. i think is what u want ??? around 100 euro maybe less dunno