About ut2k4 as

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Doc_EDo

Mar 13, 2002
This guy is supposed to be tester for EPIC. Taken from BU forums.
TomWithTheWeather said:
You can't hammer jump in assault, much less launch someone with a big explosive weapon.
Ouch! :P

Epic better put launcing and hammer jumps back in fs!

Or maby they are at that "Pro"s thing still that arnt even seen in the community

Yet again judging a game we haven't played yet. :rolleyes:

I think alot of people need to remember that launching in UT is a bug, not a feature.

As for the hammer jump, well it makes sense, you don't have a Impact Hammer anymore, and of course without one that means that people are going to have to fight past the defense. Shock!! Horror!!!

Last edited:
it depends on the maps, maps like bridge whitout launching, hammer jumping will end up in a spam/camper party.

boost dodge was also a bug but it did save the game for me :clap:

The question is why does anyone want hammer jumping / launching when the game (from the videos i've seen) is so vehicle orientated anyway?

I can't see UT2004 AS being anything like UT AS, I rightly so, whether it will be any good of course remains to be seen, but if you wanna play AS as it is, stick to UT fs.

Apocalypse said:
Yet again judging a game we haven't played yet. :rolleyes:

I think alot of people need to remember that launching in UT is a bug, not a feature.

As for the hammer jump, well it makes sense, you don't have a Impact Hammer anymore, and of course without one that means that people are going to have to fight past the defense. Shock!! Horror!!!

Heh really?

I didnt know launching was a bug lol

Yeah both Rocket and Hammer Launcing are bug's and if you look at the code you can see exactly where the bugs are and why they work.

Hammer jumping is a feature of UT, and is apparently (although I've never read it) in the manual :)

Phear said:
Yeah both Rocket and Hammer Launcing are bug's and if you look at the code you can see exactly where the bugs are and why they work.

Hammer jumping is a feature of UT, and is apparently (although I've never read it) in the manual :)

Well verry good bugs imo

I dont beleve Assault would be as fun without launching (and thats why they didnt remove them in bonus packs)

Cant see how they are bugs when so many default maps require either hammer jumping or are designed with rl in mind ( just my thought's anyway )

*Crash* said:
Well verry good bugs imo

I dont beleve Assault would be as fun without launching (and thats why they didnt remove them in bonus packs)

No it's coz Epic couldn't care about Assault, as at that time the 1st few bonus packs were released, there was about 60 players playing Assault on-line. The utassault.net had about 8 clans in it and clanbase created a ladder for every other gametype except Assault.