a problem solved

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

GURKBURKEN

Jun 11, 2001
Swe
All of a sudden my fps went bad and the resolution was stuck in 800*600 whatever i did.(even though i set it different i still had the same "view")

Tried all i could think of ...no result.

Stumbled upon some lines in user.ini wich wasnt there b4:

"desired fov 80" or something like that.

Deleted them and woops the fps was back and also my resolution.

The only bad thing is that everything is so small in 1024*768, but on the other hand i get to see more :)

So if u have that prob , then now u can solve it.

btw anyone know how the fk those lines could have got there?

sounds like cshp/leagueas problem
u just played on a new leagueas130a server ?

hm i have a similar problem
sometimes my screen just freezes so i have to push the reset button
also sometimes when i snipe and the weapon changes coz i ran outta sniperammo the zoom stays and i cant get it away without suiciding
maybe theres a link in these problems?

hmm yea i recently played on 130-server, i'll try again and see if those lines reappear. But it would be weird if i was the only one getting them or ?

When i think of it i remember that i also fiddled with the DetailedActor True/False setting at the time.
"False" made me see shieldbelted ppl as "metallic-colored" (like the T1000 dude in T2, but red or blue).
Anyway i dont dare changing anything now that it works.

Saur: I had that freezing prob b4. The solution for me was to buy a new mobo. Because the reason for the image freezing up was that the mobo wasnt stable enough voltage-wise.
In other words it sometimes failed to deliver the constant 3.3 volts needed by the gfx-card, resulting in freezup.

When i think of it i remember that i also fiddled with the DetailedActor True/False setting at the time.
"False" made me see shieldbelted ppl as "metallic-colored" (like the T1000 dude in T2, but red or blue).
Anyway i dont dare changing anything now that it works.

this is normal, no bug. Guess why its named HighDetail.

The "getting zoom away" can easily done by typing "fov 90" in the console.

There is a bug in CSHP/LeagueAS that can mess with your FOV, just type "SetDesiredFOV 90" to set it back if it happens. However this shouldn't affect frame rate, unless your really zoomed in and are looking at shock beams or something.

Originally posted by Sauron
hm i have a similar problem
sometimes my screen just freezes so i have to push the reset button

i deleted the tcp/ip protocol with the networcard's name behind it, worked for me

thx for the response
ill see if any of these things help:)

gurk a mobo is the energy suply i guess?

and i knew the fov command :D (who doesnt, works in every shooter) i have binds for that its not really a problem i only wondered why this happens but thx for the tip anyway :)

No, a mobo is a motherboard... If it really is a power problem U don't need to buy a new mobo, check BIOS first. If it's a good mobo U can try to adjust 3.3v (I/O voltage) to 3.4 in BIOS and problem will be solved.

Do not mess too much with voltages though, U might fry something. But changing 3.3v to 3.4 or 3.5 is not going to do any harm. Going higher is not healthy though...

Freezes can also be some other BIOS settings, maybe your RAM is bad quality and U should change CAS settings or timings... What mobo U got?

the freezes could also be a win2k problem with agp, but just if you have an amd cpu. fix can be downloaded @ amd.com