60 Gb hdd for UT server

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

0 Swede 0

Jun 9, 2001
Sweden
Hi ya'll..
As you all probably know, or will be informed of now, i'm on a 10Mbit line.. We've been notified of a upgrade to 100mbit within three years.

Anyhow, I was wondering how I can put an 60Gig hdd into mah old Compaq computer? Anyone got an idea.. When i set it there it said like 0-Disk errror or something.. The one that helps me will get this 10Mbit line for ClanServer 24/7 =)

i think you already checked cables of it etc.
check the BIOS i suggest, maybe it doesn't autodetect it. Otherwise the 60GB is too big for the old mobo and maybe a BIOS update will make it work

gl :D

some old compaqs stored various "bios" utilities on a seperate partition on the hard drive, you may have to copy the partition over (using norton ghost, etc) if this is the problem. Have known it with a few compaqs that wont boot bxos of it.. altho cant remmeber exact error.

Which one? The one we talked about just now?
Well.. never cause i aint gonna get the hdd there..

Btw; i have 2 other servers running, one 10Mbit and one 100mbit (Admin only)

hähä, though I can't give the URL, it's private matches only =/

hähä.. :(

Anyways, who do people ask me on servers when playing, if I'm a TRU member? Then i say, no.. i WERE a tru Member. Then they leave the server...

Was TRU really that bad after I left?

hehe go figure :()

Anyways, why dost i have such a bad ping on the jolt (5) Insta Server? Though I have 100-300 always, when i usually have 30-40 there.. So i havent played there for like 2 weeks now, and I'm moving onto the Ctf instaservers (insta rox0r!) hehe, but i'd really like to kick yer assess on the As insta

open dosprompt.. type tracert followed by the ip of the server you are traceing.. the DNS names and ping times should start to popup... the more servers.. the more routing aka higher ping.. might also be one server that is overloaded on the route