• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/

I have heard very mixed things from this movie, but there is something about the reviews i read. Either they call the film brilliant or on the other side they call it terrible and 'too much'. The president of Iran Ahmedinejad (or however u spell it) was furious at this movie, coz according to him the persians were put in the movie like orcs :lol:

I will judge myself tonight.

Anyone else gonna see it or perhaps seen it already?

Well first of all, as probably all of u know, its a movie based in a comic from frank miller. And that comic was only based about the fact that few of greece warriors fought against thousands of persians. It wasnt a comic based on real history, frank miller only caught some aspects of that war and made a comic with only some points in common with history. So forget about all historic facts and those things, its only a movie comic based. Id recommend ya to read the comic first and then go to the cinema, cos maybe some ppl goes to see a realistic movie or movie based in historic facts.
"The president of Iran Ahmedinejad (or however u spell it) was furious at this movie, coz according to him the persians were put in the movie like orcs
" thats the perfect example of what i said (an extremely case of course)

Seen it, and its a good movie if u like a lot of action.
There's not a lot of story in it, but overall a really enjoyable movie

i also saw it today and i must say like sin city, very well done !! what rotted sais is correct, keep in mind it is COMIC based and not on history. The story itself, well... i think people expected more but as i see it it is a good build up story that doesnt lack anything if you ask me.

I talked about it with some friends and they say the movie will be great and stuff but it wont be ' the real deal', this because the movie is made digatally. I came around with the fact that they all LOVED Sin City and didnt find it disturbing there, the digital effects throughout the whole movie, so that's kinda bull shit. Both films have been brilliantly made tbh.

The days ppl dont accept films that have been totaly made digitally, it's like taking the easy way for them and there for not a 'real' movie. I think they are missing the whole point, not is easy about making movies!! any way you do it, ( maybe that is why most ppl either say it is a great movie or it is crap etc)

go see it, it is worth it !!

Ok my 2 cents:

The movie is very enjoyable and as said u should look at it as a comic book representation, not as a historical piece of art. The battles are great. Not in terms of amount, but in terms of Choreography and things like that.

what i liked:
+ The visuals (Simply Stunning)
+ The battles and the spectacle in general
+ The music and sound in general (really a movie that works in the cinema rather than in front of ur telly)
+ The humor (esp. halfway the movie)
+ The over-acting (lots of screaming, big musscled bodies and one-liners)

What i didnt like:
- The use and abuse of slowmotions and fast forwards in this movie. they get quite repetetive after a while. Every single attack becomes a slowmotion, every battle fought becomes a slowmotion. Every naked woman becomes a slowmotion.
- Nudity Although I usually don't mind nudity. In this movie it was complete useless and yet again most of the time in slowmotion.

Oh and I understand Ahmedinejad's reaction about the persians being put in this movie as a bunch of Orcs. But it is not hollywood he should blame, but Frank Miller.

8.5/10

Last edited:
Ok a bit late but just saw this, very very entertaining enjoyed it very much. Laughed quite a bit at the Scottish accents and dudes beard falling off. Also whats with the crazy ninja style costumes?!

Didn't take the film very seriously at all but thoroughly entertaining, may even go watch again. Also Lena Headey is a lot hotter than i expected.

GG!

What i didnt like:
- The use and abuse of slowmotions and fast forwards in this movie. they get quite repetetive after a while. Every single attack becomes a slowmotion, every battle fought becomes a slowmotion. Every naked woman becomes a slowmotion.
What is wrong with NAKED woman in slowmotion? :o
- Nudity Although I usually don't mind nudity. In this movie it was complete useless and yet again most of the time in slowmotion.

OMG ..... go watch Titanic ;)

Now seriously.
Very nice movie for me. I watched it twice already :)

9/10

Imo really good movie, very entertaining. Was really comic like and as mush said you dont have to take it serious but actually thats what I expect sometimes in cinema :D

I saw this film a few weeks ago and i did enjoy it :D , It didnt really make any sense but i was well warned by every UK review that this had very little plot

In fact i thought the UK Reviews were fairly harsh on the movie! one in particular in the free Metro newspaper gave it 1/5 and said it was close to Fascism due to the fact that the enemies are portayed as black and then the reviewer mentioned about the war in Iraq.

In fact i think that review was total bullshit, and i would give it 4/5 due to good visuals, sound and slow-mo nudity :D

And the point of the reply - Never read Metro reviews:)

070415.jpg

besides, 300 is an okish movie, 3.5/5 when you read the real story i find it more impressive then this obviously cartoonish fantasy version

apparently historians agree that a spartan replied "then we will fight in the shade" it must take some pretty serious balls to actually say that for real.