2012 - panic or truth?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

• ye, summin dramatically will happen in 2012

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Dont believe that anything will happen at all.

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
2012 - panic or danger?

Guess you heard about several 2012 theories.
According to the maya calender, the third aeon ends on 21st december 2012. No other aeons are mentioned.

"A meteorit will hit earth".
According to some sources, regulary every 65 million years there were widespread deaths on earth.
Some scientists believe that some twin star to our sun - Nemesis, a brown dwarf - circling around our solar system and every 65 million years it goes through a meteroit field and fire rocky stuff towards inner solar system, which will hit earth.

"Earth magnetic field"
Inside the earth there are a huge rotating lquid metal, that ceates a huge magnetic field.
Unfortunally there are signs that the magnetic field gets weaker and weaker every year.
In earth history the magnetic field reconfigured several times regulary. Meaning north pole gets to south pole and vice versa.
a magnetic field protects us from the radioactive rays of the sun.
The consequenses for mankind are unknown, because no mankind every experienced it.
Technology could fail, cancerrate could increase.

Some pessimistics even say, that the inner liquid core of the earth will soon be stop rotating -> the magnetic field will be lost.
If you want to know how planets develop without a magnetic field, just look at mars.
It doesnt have one anymore. Prolly the inner liquid metal core stopped rotating. SUmmin the earth will be awaiting too in some time.

"Solar storms will cause huge problems"
The sun has a activity cycle of 11 years. Every 11 years the sun is most active, meaning huge solar storms.
Atm we are in a low solar phase, meaning the solar is releaxed, but a heavy solar activity phase is expcted 2012, after the last activity phase was 2001.
Consequenses are unknown. Satelittes and technology on earth could malfunction. And with the weaken magnetic field, cancer illnesses could increase dramatically.

There are alot of other theories aswell, but those three catched my interest.

Last edited:
aren't these kind of things coming up every year... i remembered them from the millenium, 2003 & 2005 being some hype...
certainly something will happen that will keep 2012 in memories, as every year ;)

another question is, when the hell was the year 2012 or will it be? :p

the jews are 3000 years in front of us, the moslems somewhere around 600 years in the back ; the christians added something between 100-350 years to align the calendar...

yes we will have many problems in the future. we should try to prevent right now by using alternativ energy or recycling whatever we think its usefull to be recycled.

lets see what happens. the worst case will be a fucking big monsterkill.

It's only based because the mayans had a calender which stops in around 2012 (calculated into their time).
They based their calender on the stars /suns. Atm we are in the Pisces era, every 3000 years we go into a different era . ( I think Waterman(sp?) is next)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maya+2012 some of those are overdone but there are some nice vid's in between.
Brb work.

I've seen some videos about this stuff..

Well, I think you all know the story of John Titor. And then you know he predicted an American Civil War and then 3rd World War, during wich 3 or 4 atomic bombs will be used, exactly against America, Europe and Japan if I remember well, by Russia. And then all the imaginale consequences of this huge war, among which I think I should recall 3.000.000.000 people dead. That's an evenience I consider because that will prolly happen if McCain and that bitch Sarah Palin win elections.

Also, in 2001, he said a lot about the LHC experiment and he said that the basis for the time-travel would born there in few years. And Einstein himself (and he wasn't a big noob, but scientists discovered that his brain was particular aka he was a genius) said that time-travel is possible thanks to all that stuff dealing with gravity and black holes.

Einstein also said that mankind future is strictly linked to the bees since they are fundamental for nature reproduction, growth and circular process. And we all know that trees and nature give us nice air to breathe. In the last 50 years the number of living bees is hugely decreased.

Not to mention that Mayas predicted with an incredible precision (prolly even the day, I don't remember now) the sad events of the 11th September and the exact dates of solar eclipses.
According to a lot of scientists Mayas were a strange people. I mean..their technology was incredibly high (and they lived in 1500-1000 a.C.) and tbh also Egyptians were fucking weird. None can still explain how the hell they built those fucking pyramids.
Also Mayas, just to go back to thread, said something about the periodical meetings that the Earth inhabitants would have with "the men of the stars" aka aliens. Well, according to their predictions, the next meeting would have been in the 1950s or something, which exactly matches with the UFO sighting in Mexico (sorry for any mistake with the dates but I cba to make any research on the net lol). Looks like the messages aliens want to send us (also by means of the crop circles, in which the ears of wheat are not cut but bended by unknown-to-humans microwaves which modified the gene of them, letting them also keep grewing in that new bended position.

Maybe also Egyptians had some help from the "men of the stars"? Fuck knows.

Anyway, back to topic. We are not talking about Ufo, are we? Tho they are in some way linked to that prediction.

and i believe in santa.

As always the beam balance can always have only four outcomes. You can weigh in too heavy or too light, in the
balance or you can also put no weight on the scale.
If we weigh in the future prophecy on the meant beam balance we can agree, disagree or say maybe or abstain to it.

1) If we say the prophecy is true we need to say bye to the coincidence and say hello to the inevitable fate or an
divine providence.

2) To agree includes incase possible to prove a point, or say clear why it cant occur in different ways or variations.

3) For a disagree meaning the 2) needs to be refuted to have a qualified substantiation.

4) To abstain to the prophecy means to trust in the nature or in the divine providence.

I try a prophecy now. I say smoking cigarettes is unhealthy.
I try another one. The earth is no disc.

If you move the examples through the mankind history you will see different results if you ask the audience.

The only conclusion that I can see is use a bit more often the common sense, be also carefull not to be fooled by yourself or others.

Even today those two examples (cigarettes, disc) will have in a poll still more results.

I've seen some videos about this stuff..

Well, I think you all know the story of John Titor. And then you know he predicted an American Civil War and then 3rd World War, during wich 3 or 4 atomic bombs will be used, exactly against America, Europe and Japan if I remember well, by Russia. And then all the imaginale consequences of this huge war, among which I think I should recall 3.000.000.000 people dead. That's an evenience I consider because that will prolly happen if McCain and that bitch Sarah Palin win elections.

John Titor is a real man! Dont joke about him! ;)

another question is, when the hell was the year 2012 or will it be? :p

the jews are 3000 years in front of us, the moslems somewhere around 600 years in the back ; the christians added something between 100-350 years to align the calendar...

yes we will have many problems in the future. we should try to prevent right now by using alternativ energy or recycling whatever we think its usefull to be recycled.

lets see what happens. the worst case will be a fucking big monsterkill.
I would be happy if the meteorit just goes straight in ur ass :rofl:

I would be happy if the meteorit just goes straight in ur ass :rofl:

the problem is that mine isnt that fat than yours. but if you got hit by a meteorit, maybe there are some intelligent lifeforms on it who will be able to grow a brain inside of your head... wouldnt that be great? ;)

I watched a lot of National Geographic docus about this doomsday 2012 thing

The Mayans believed time repeats itself, and that it isn't an ongoing process. So after the third aeon, it simply goes back to the first unless I misunderstood. They placed a big belief in the alignment of Venus, and 2012 is when Venus is in line with us or something like that.

Also, the guy who apparently decoded the calendar/prophecy is not credited with being anywhere near a professional on the subject. Jose Aruglos or something like that.... I read that he thought he was some kind of reincarnation of a Mayan god... so sounds like a bit of a goon tbh !

edit: The guy's name is Jose Arguelles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Argüelles and if you google him you'll see what he has done and interpreted..

Last edited:
Its a load of old bollocks.

"A meteorit will hit earth"

"the inner solar system" I love that .. it makes it sound nice and cosy...:)

the distances is just incomprehensible at a minimum it would be 5 - 6 trillion miles away .. so far away it could not reflect any light from our sun. it would take an object the size of a planet killer about 3 of 4 million years to get here.
Meteorites hit earth all the time or burn up in the atmosphere anything the size of a planet killer would be seen on its way by now.

the theory of this twin dead or failed sun may be true in fact it is very likely because most star systems are binary but then most star systems are much bigger than ours ... the existence of planet X or something beyond our current scope has been debated for decades.

Now the idea of this "twin" going though some meteor field and sending things to earth is very unlikely the odds slim. I'd say a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chance thats 1 chance in a billion trillion trillion trillion though I may have missed off 1 or 60 "0". The closest thing to that is the Opik-Oort cloud where they think Hale-Bop came from this is however theoretical as they can not prove it exists as it can not be seen because it is so far away ...way way way way beyond Pluto so far that from there our sun would not be visible or at most be a dull pin prick in the black cloth of space.

so if this "twin" did exists and it did dislodge some material the chances of it hitting us would be like taking a grain of salt placing it somewhere across north america then going up to the moon, blind folding yourself spinning around 10 times then throw a tennis ball blindly in the hope you would hit that single grain.

"Earth magnetic field"

The magnetosphere is not about to collapse as the earths core isn't about to cool and when the earths core does cool then the last thing we would need to worry about is higher rates of cancer as we would already be dead but we have a few more years than 2012 for that.

"Solar storms will cause huge problems"

Yep a solar storm so powerful to disrupt electrical equipment and damage sensitive satellite equipment hit the earth last year but again the time frame for the sun to produce such massively disruptive storms is an incomprehensible number of years away.

"Maybe also Egyptians had some help from the "men of the stars"? Fuck knows."

"there's a star man waiting in the sky...." yep there probably is life out there. It has been calculated that the number of inhabited planets out there is ten billion trillion .. thats a big number ... but and its a reasonably big but ... if you were to look up at the night sky the chances of you looking in the same direction as one of these planets is 1 in a trillion thats also a big number ... and the time it would take for an alien to travel from one of these plants and stumbling upon us .. seeing as any planet they would be coming from would be even further away than the vastest edges of our solar system probably in the billions of light years it would be an infinitesimally small chance that they would stumble upon us in the first place and they would have had to start out at about the same time the earth was hit by the object that created to moon.

To quote Douglas Adams "Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is."

And to quote someone else that I cant remember "The funny thing about space being space is that its spacious and the one thing space has more than anything else is space!"

If I'm wrong I'll be the first one to admit it just before we all perish on 00:00am Jan 1 2012

Last edited:
What Rich said is all pretty much true... just a dead or "failed" suntwin or whatever, even FAR beyond Pluto would cause a gravitational effect that we had already detected years ago...

yup rich that's right..but it's like you play for national lottery and think : "hm..I got 1 possibility to win out of like billions. Also my sequence of number ( 6 numbers to be picked from 1 to 99, at least in italy ) is one of the millions and millions possible combinations. Despite this, quite often someone wins the lottery not giving a fuck of the huge number of other possibilties..In other words, let's pretend 100000000000000000 (...) planets are inhabited and only one of them must be destroyed by aliens, the fact that every planet government might say: "how can it be possible that just my planet gets destroyed and not another one among the 999999999999999999999999999 (...) ?" doesnt mean that aliens won't destroy one of the planets themselves..I think we should consider the possibility that Earth is that planet itself.. What I mean is that the fact that Earth is one of the billion trillion or whatever inhabited planets in the space, doesn't mean that we have less chance to get in contact with aliens than any other planet. If you also consider that we don't know what kind of engine and energy aliens might use to travel in the space..consider that they could even gain the light-speed as far as we know..but ye, I admit there are too many "if" in my post and that's quite fair since I'm talking about nothing actually, at least something we don't know.. Statistics are way better and for sure make everyone feel a little better..me included..