2 vs 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Starlight-

Boom...
Sep 22, 2001
Brum.
was browsing the UTA pages, and i noticed something which was hmmm... on the 2 vs 2 league.

it has 3 teams in the main standings, that means thiers 6 players active in the 2 vs 2 league.

so is thier a point in keeping it going :\????

*p.s im not anti-2 vs 2, but it does seem a bit pointless with only 3 teams in the main standings.

p.s yeh i know thers lots in the HZ :\

I'd prefer a proper league like similar ot stdAS, ie: 4 or 5 compulsary wars a month pre-arranged, either that or the old tourneys..

It's impossible otherwise for the good teams to get games as not a single team ever agrees to play

a proper UTA arranged tournament with servers and games arranged by nonagon ? would be cool

noticed this yesterday. i agree complusory wars are a must however i would like to see also an amount of voluntary matches.

a ladder system. that each months sets two or three random opponents in addition to which others teams can be played without any limit (arranged by current habit).

Arse is the only 2v2 admin and atm he is away on holidays....

I played the league at the beggining and I agree the challenging and ranking system were not really attractive nor interesting (for me).

Yes league looks dead... it has been dying slowly for some time now... Maybe someone can propose a new ranking/challenging system, similar to the first 2v2 league (which I don't know but I heard it was better).

It could be studied when Arse is back.

was really simple, we just used to have tournaments every few months or so; ppl put there names down, first 18 or how many ever teams it was got to play in a knockout competition over the period of two nights or so if i remember, each team picked a map, then the combined assault times were compared. server was always full of specs, mebbe do ut TV or smin..

if you do it like that i would prefer something likes this:

16 teams.

/8-finals: 1st-12th of the month
/4-finals: 13th-19th of the month
/2-finals: 20th-23rd of the month
final/bronze game: 24th-27th of the month

or something like this. so teams that dont play UT everyday have a chance to arrange a proper date. and since you only have one opponent its easy enough to arrange something(you can arrange as soon as your opponent is decided)

Reactions: RighteousFury
sobo said:
if you do it like that i would prefer something likes this:

16 teams.

/8-finals: 1st-12th of the month
/4-finals: 13th-19th of the month
/2-finals: 20th-23rd of the month
final/bronze game: 24th-27th of the month

or something like this. so teams that dont play UT everyday have a chance to arrange a proper date. and since you only have one opponent its easy enough to arrange something(you can arrange as soon as your opponent is decided)

and from 28th - 30/31(february only 28th) is the announce ;)

and one more idea:
make it like worldcup: 32teams
8groups with 4teams -> 3matches 1st-10th
first 2 of each group get on
/16-finals 10th-14th
/8-finals 14-18th
/4-finals 18-20th
/2-finals 21-23th
/bronze and final 24th-26th

If a clan cant get 3matches scheduled, it go es forfeited.

Yes, Copying other peoples tricks

Dont think there are many tricks yet that arent widely known. Maybe some ripper shots on frigate / lavafort, but as for launches everyone has tried most launches hence as soon as someone posts a "new trick" they get bombarded with OLD.

Anyway makes it more challenging then doesnt it.