Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Doc_EDo

Experimental launch mutator for 2k4

Also mappers should notice that they cant set up a custom time limit, but the time limit is decided server side only. Second problem is that teleporters dont reset (if ever triggered) in the beginning of round 2. I'm planning a mutator/custom actors that take care of that crap. :yipee:
  2. Doc_EDo

Experimental launch mutator for 2k4

We had that kind of mutator in ut2k3 too, but your problem is that most of launches are blocked by mappers so, most of the times, you cant really launch or it's really useless.
  3. Doc_EDo

The Official What do you think of the Actual UT2004 game thread....

I have to say that ut2k4 is everything ut2k3 should have been. After tweaking loading times it runns better than ut2k3 so I can now play it on 1024x768. Yeah so I lied. I bought the freaking game.... :D Half life 2 moved to september. :(
  4. Doc_EDo

The retail runns better than the demo??? Wtf? :freak:
  5. Doc_EDo

Yeah ok, but do you get less FPS and how much less is it?
  6. Doc_EDo

What's the performance drop from the demo to retail?
  7. Doc_EDo

Yeah I realized that while playing the demo. You only really need one map for ONS as well as for CTF and BR. However DM and AS can be very different and original.
  8. Doc_EDo

Wow they did even worse than I thought they would! They almost all use the classic static meshes/decorations from ut2k3. Talk about linear maps as well. Basically what maps in UT were, original and interesting for each scenario, ut2k4 maps are not and fail miserably. NO I wont buy the game...
  9. Doc_EDo

Ut2k4 Demo The official what do you think of the demo Thread

It all dates 1000's of years before our time when kids got out of school on friday afternoon and played games whole weekend. :deal:
  10. Doc_EDo

Teh Ghey Cliffy nails it down: http://gamespy.com/interviews/march04/cliffyb/index3.shtml Duh Cliff! What else can it be!? :shout: :poke:
  11. Doc_EDo

OMFG that would be so coooooool! :whip: :teehee: How long can you keep ut2004 alive if ut2005 comes along? I'd say as long as ut2003 has been alive, a year at best.
  12. Doc_EDo

Yeah and same goes with primary fire on mantha and raptor as well as energy turrets. I wont even talk about how you can damage a tank (armoured vehicle) with the weakest weapons. Pretty crappy balance there. :Joystick:
  13. Doc_EDo

Cheap UT2K4

Get someone from Sweden to get it for you.
  14. Doc_EDo

Meh why waste time? Just summon one up there.
  15. Doc_EDo

You can enjoy the game but that doesnt mean that you cant also be aware of its flaws...
  16. Doc_EDo

OMG cheat.... :p Yeah and those physics suck...
  17. Doc_EDo

Yes bollox is the dominant word when it comes to gameplay, though it all looks really nice.
  18. Doc_EDo

Yes ban him for trolling. :spockfla:
  19. Doc_EDo

That win really happened to me. Dont know why... Yes we had those suggestions for ut2k3as but I didnt want that to screw up the tactics. With these new rules in case you defend the first part and enemy takes only half of objectives, if you take more objectives in the second part before...
  20. Doc_EDo

My maps weren't that spammy and without alternative routes (maybe some in my mod but not my maps), but you're right that I did make some same mistakes, like leaving the double jump in it. :crap: Anyways what happen to me today on Convoy is really weird. We assaulted and finished the map...