Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. F

Hello Norway goodbye UK

I'm bailing cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  2. F

AntiStress and motivation music

Anyone got good ones? the ones I have getting heavy use just now are: Anti stress: Vangelis, Blade runner sound track Erik Satie, Gymnopedies and Gnossiennes Hildegard of Bingen, Feather on the breath of God Motivation: Rocky theme eye of the tiger lol Top gun soundtrack lol...
  3. F

Computing power graphs needed

Anyone got available or know good links to good quality graphs showing the increasing power of computers and graphics card from their origins until presnt date?? Need it for a report and cant find ones that go up to 2006ish.... edit . what would be ideal is 4 graphs all showing the...
  4. F

på båten, on the ship

Up near the arctic again, sea is really calm and eery! A whale was following the ship but didn't get a photo, bah! I'll attach picci of the sea...didn't know it could be this calm in the middle of the Barents sea....bit of a change from the 11m waves in feb!
  5. F

Iron Maiden

Can't say as I listen to much metal stuff now but will always have a soft spot for Maiden so was interested to hear they have a new album out (...A Matter of Life and Death...) and that it's getting very good reviews. Anyone have it? comments? edit - poo, I just saw the release date is 28 August!
  6. F

aww germany fs!

Sorry to see that, germany was the better side on the night, lucky italians! When is the final?, be good if france win (never thought I'd say that lol) ) as I'll be in paris at the weekend.
  7. F

england vs port

Predictions? England gonna find some form yet? Looking fwd to game - group of my english, scottish and norsk friends gonna have a BBQ and rented a big screen TV....perfect weather. All supporting england of course.....except one guys port girlfriend lol....she'll have to sit at the back...
  8. F

photos from the Arctic

Prolly I started a thread months ago and forgot it but will just put some photos here. In feb I was on Norwegian GO Sars research vessel, one of most advanced research ships in the world and we went far north in the Barents Sea up to the ice of the arctic. One of the photos is the actual ice...
  9. F

kline på engelsk?

fs
  10. F

f1 baws

that shit with qualifying is such baws ffs! Those wankers just don't like shuey pwning so much so they try find any excuse to penilise him! fs he went wide and cos of the track couldnt see what cars were coming so quite rightly I think he hesitated not wanting to make a 100mph crash happen...
  11. F

wire frame cubes

anyone know any good/easy software for drawing wire frame objects?
  12. F

ps3

must have PS3 and Gran Tourismo 5.......muuuuussstt........haaaaavvveeeeee
  13. F

Jazz and Classical

Never seen any mention in here, surely some folk listen to Jazz or Classical - maybe the older wiser ones? Hey I've listened to plenty of crap in my time (what with the desire to "fit in" when ur a kid etc). Now Im trying to culture myself a bit with learning to appreciate real music. I...
  14. F

organising music on ur computer

How do most people do it? I have a problem you see that maybe has a simple fix. This year I've been trying to learn more and appreciate more about classical music and have built up a pretty good collection of CDs. I backed them up on my computer as wav files and put the files in folders...
  15. F

Ice Age 2

Yipee is out tomorrow, sequel to my fav "watch while hungover" movie :D
  16. F

på norsk

hei norskies, har du bra forums eller chatrooms? Nå jeg bor i Bergen og min jobbe er også i Bergen... selv føgelig jeg vil gjerne prøve snakker og skrive norsk. Nå jeg forstå mye norsk (alle sammen snakker bare norsk med meg på jobbe) men jeg snakker og skrive ikke bra :/ ah også jeg vil...
  17. F

Artificial Intelligence

Mebby a few interested so thought I'd mention it. Not sure if in right forum area but is a political and social issue so.... As some may know I been doing my PhD in Norway on Image processing and pattern recognition, am in my final year now and have submitted one paper and will shortly submit...
  18. F

Special post!

Couldn't resist making a post! Right now am on Norwegian research vessel GOSars in Båtsford right up on the northern tip of Norway. Was in Kirkenes yesterday near the russian border and was -30 degrees....could feel me breath freezing in me nose! Will be on the ship for next 3 weeks and...
  19. F

time for another bad joke me tinks

David Blunkett has released the following statement ... . ... .. .... ... .. .... .. . . . ..... .. . ... . ... .... . . . . .... . . . . . . ... . ... . . . . . . . . . .. .... . . . .. . . .. . . ..... ... . .... . ..... . . . . .... ... . . .... ....... . ...... . .... .. ...
  20. F

Battle of Trafalgar

fs