1v1 AS tournament #2, official thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

met-pit 4-2, met moving on
i pracced some 1v1's and I was pretty confident I'd win but met's sniper was 10x better than when he played phoboss he hit almost everytime, happy I won some maps tho, game was pretty close gg met wp

also others that play remember to submit results

Last edited:
Sorry ulv for your bad ping, hopefully its OK for your next match.

Todays matches have been frigging amazing, as have all the ones I witnessed yesterday (theres only been 2 x 4-0 in the whole comp so far and 1 was due to bad ping (ulvs)):

Today's summary:
Pitbull 2 - 4 Meteor
NoMercy 4 - 3 Mexanik
X-Bomb 4-3 BlackNinja
Term 4 - 0 Ulv
Wakko 4 - 3 Hydro

I must say this competition has bought some great spirit back to the league, feels like a real buzz going around the place. Not only a good competition to play in but also great to spec. This may well be the last great competition we see in this league. Most people I've spoken to say they get nerves and shakes when playing, an old feeling we have forgotten and its great to have back. Lets keep it up guys, dont make pitbull work hard to chase you for your matches. Please try to get round 1 games completed on Today! Win/Lose doesn't matter - the adrenaline rush is enough! gg and gl all!

As for me vs BN, bn destroyed me frag wise like I predicted he would. I was lucky enough (really really lucky actually) to win my nooby maps and take advantage of a mistake he made on his final map. Right now I cant tell who is going to win group 1, its so close, but BN IMO has to be one of the favs now. (im sure those that watched our game will agree his aim was immense)

Last edited:
totally agree with u xb, I cant remember last time I looked so forward to playing ut, 1v1 is so intense and some people do not realize how good and fun it is! more people need to try it imo shame some didn't sign but I'm already thinking of making another.

I experienced it myself and I'm sure others did as well, knowing u r on the last run to finish the map, it's all or nothing then u push for objective get a kill and win with very few seconds remaining. ur heart will be pumping hands shaking and it's the best feeling u can get from winning games like that. same goes for defending a last attack from ur opponent and there were plenty of those as well in games people getting denied on objectives with very few seconds remaining!
also as xb said specs also get to live the games cheering for the people that they wanna win going OMFG LOOOL NICE etc....

even tho im sad i got eliminated, i hold my head high i played better than i expected and against higher rated people i can honestly say im proud, i know how to play now and where to defend so i will hopefully do better next time! i also think people can realize now how close 1v1 can be even if some players are higher rated, no matchup is the same and anything can happen! my greatest achievement today was winning ballistic in prac vs sudeki, I did a full defense then won it with 17 secs left so I think ppl shouldnt be affraid to get owned in 1v1 and i strongly hope more will give it a chance for my next tournament!

Last edited:
Good stuff indeed :D Really enjoyable game(s), to watch and to play. Was nice having the tension build up as the game got closer, practicing away and then having such a close game. Great to have some proper competition again in the sense of really giving it your all and I was happy to be able to somewhat aim again! Good luck all and cu in the next round :)

updated brackets just 2 games left on group 3 so people can play even from tomorrow if they like as long as they do not interfere with players from group 3

Nice games, some shocks there! I though xb vs bn would be close.

Would put money on m1c, played 1v1s with him yesterday for about 2 hours and he got some rust off :wow:

But as xb said it's hard to make any clear cut predictions, can't wait to see more games :thumb:

another very close game, last game is skal-goggless then all round1 games will be done and you guise can play even from today if u like for next round

2-4 pumping at the hands of the Vit Monster :devil: Was a really gg, we were together on TS for the whole match, it's a fun idea. Mostly me shrieking but meh.

Threw it away defending Desert, took the wrong tele and lost it by 11 seconds. Don't let this happen to you!

Pld m8, gl in the tourny :bowdown:

was a great game, thoroughly enjoyed by us both I think, and it sure as hell couldve gone to a decider. gg :D

free^ 4 - 2 phoboss
well played by him besides I didnt know him b4 match :)
ggs

edit: btw won't be able to play my next match b4 sunday eve, just wanna let u know, but think thats ok

Last edited: