soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

12v10 and still you couldn't score from open play.

Howard Webb is shocking, they should just make him dress up in a Manchester United shirt at the start. Will finally show everyone just how biased he really is.

I know youre just trying to wind me up but I'll bite!

What Liverpool needs is unity and understanding and grit and determination. I can go on and on but let's face it. The only unity Hodgson provided was chants for him to get the england job.

12v10 and united still couldn't score. They won due to a dodgy non-existant penalty. At times we even outplayed them at their own turf. This was never going to happen under Hodgson who was so afraid of losing he didn't know ´what winning feels like.

Now, take into account that Dalglish just met the players at 1030am this morning, imagine what he can do with a couple of days of practice with the squad.

There's no doubt in my mind that Dalglish will turn things around. Maybe not on wednesday, maybe not next weekend, but he IS the man to get the players playing for the shirt again.

:footy: YNWA :footy:

Hodgson wasnt the right manager
Dalglish wont be able to wave a magic wand and fix everything
The team is broken, whether it be the players abilities or just their belief in themselves, something needs to change.

Doesnt matter if you play better than the opposition, its the result that counts. If Hodgson had got the results people wouldnt have judged how the team played as critically and he'd still be in charge.
At the end of the season the team and manager are judged and remembered purely for results, Liverpool need to stop making excuses and step it up.

what they need is a manager for the long run with an idea.. hodgson had no plan what so ever. plus players like xabi alonso and macherano are v hard to replace. they shouldve gave that more thought when they sold them players.

Hodgson wasnt the right manager
Dalglish wont be able to wave a magic wand and fix everything
The team is broken, whether it be the players abilities or just their belief in themselves, something needs to change.

Doesnt matter if you play better than the opposition, its the result that counts. If Hodgson had got the results people wouldnt have judged how the team played as critically and he'd still be in charge.
At the end of the season the team and manager are judged and remembered purely for results, Liverpool need to stop making excuses and step it up.

Ah but you can argue that if you play well, results are likely to come, sooner or later. With Hodgson we had no gameplan at all, unless you call hoofing tactics. With Dalglish we know what we will get, he will get the team playing again and if he can get some playing out of the squad again results will come. We have faith.

@Jackel: Xabi Alonso deal was a mess, it all started with Rafa trying to get Gareth Barry in and it all escalated from there. Mascherano just threw a hissy fit and refused to play until he was sold. Not much we could do there. Besides, since Mascherano left Lucas has blossomed and I wouldn't want the traitor back anymore.

Maxiz! out of interest, how many games do you think the Liverpool fans will give Dalglish if the results dont start coming soon? regardless of his hero status.

Don't think you can disregard his legendary status within the club. He'll get as many games to see us out through the rest of the season, no matter how badly he does. Fans will back him regardless of results.
Most fans think him to be the best manager out there to take us forward through this mess and I believe this season has really highlighted our average squad. I've come to realise this now. 3 managers and still playing League 2 football. Most players not fit to wear the shirt unfortunately :/

Relegation battle looming. Can't win away, can't win at home. No easy victories. Yeah, there's nothing setting us apart from the likes of West Ham and Wolves.

dont think u can be in a relegation battle with the likes of gerrard and torres.

I think liverpool just need good wingers who can take people on and wing backs that can actually push up... THATS ALL, thats the difference IMO. I know johnson does, but he doesnt get any cover from his right winger.

I noticed all the great teams currently have good wing backs/wingers. but liverpool dont and they just rely on gerrard and torres