Germany vs Australia

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MESUT ÖZIL FOOTBALL GOD!!

What a performance!

PS: Shit referee, what a peformance...

No offense, but the reputation of the aussies is utter shit. So they kinda did live up to it pretty well :P their whole nation was already surprised to qualify = nuff said.

However, well done by germany scoring 4 goals although it coulda been more. =)

2002 germany win 8-0 vs saudi arabia and at the end they had troubles to qualify for the knockout stage.
so lets see.

i am worried when i see how many 100% chances had been missed today. vs good teams you dont get so many chances and then the effiency must be way better.

Ball possessing team stays in their half and wont move out while the other team waits? And if the ball accidentally rolls near the middle line it will be lost until half/full time :p:

More like: Kick the ball as far as possible in the opponents goal area and hope to get a penalty somehow

Thought Germany played well. I was absolutely amazed how our commentators were talking about how Germany might not that be that good and the odds were 14-1 for them to lose to Australia apparently :lol:

Bizarre, anyway as usual a solid start, I think you would do alright with Bart and Basdo playing, never mind ur actual professionals ;)

Özil's passing was brilliant, finishing not so great but he played very well I thought - impressed.

well gazzy, its common that british "experts" always guess that germany wont come far only because our players play "only" in the inferior Bundesliga and the team doesnt seem to have stellar names.
I could give several examples from so called football experts on the english Eurosport site for that.

Anyway, guess it's somekind of stereotyping by the english media.
Like they also predict before every fucking tournament that this time England will win it and at the end they fail.
I am amazed that they never learn from their mistakes and it starts all over again every 2 years (when the rnglish team manage to qualify).

I think you would do alright with Bart and Basdo playing, never mind ur actual professionals
and yeah, you are damn right with that!

Actualy i read some quotes from BBC liveticker feed and it was mostly about that England deffo needs to win their group to avoid meeting germany :lol:

BBC is pretty great so anyways!

well gazzy, its common that british "experts" always guess that germany wont come far only because our players play "only" in the inferior Bundesliga and the team doesnt seem to have stellar names.
I could give several examples from so called football experts on the english Eurosport site for that.

Like they also predict before every fucking tournament that this time England will win it and at the end they fail.
I am amazed that they never learn from their mistakes and it starts all over again every 2 years (when the rnglish team manage to qualify).

Every country except England sees this happening year after year :lol: Sry Gaz but the English pundits are always pretty condescending and even a bit bigoted when it comes to talking about the football teams of certain other countries, and Germany is the most obvious. I'm not saying the English people are, just the same old goons we are all forced to listen to on TV and radio.

I think you would do alright with Bart and Basdo playing, never mind ur actual professionals ;)

Why having a go at me, all I said was that Özil is a damn god and fs he truly is!
But I'm not one of the 50 million others saying it after yesterdays game, I've been saying that since 2 years.

Hm, sorry Bart but I dont need you tell me whats common with British experts, statements or anything else "British", just as I wouldnt start telling you how German something is ;) Your team doesn't seem to not have stellar names, it doesn't, full stop. But it absolutely doesn't matter when you can play as a team properly which you really can.

Your a bit right and also a bit wrong about the media but either way the Germans are def a tournament team and always peform when it matters.

England qualify more often than not as well, in fact we had a great qualifying campaign, we just can't produce it in the tournaments!

Why having a go at me, all I said was that Özil is a damn god and fs he truly is!
But I'm not one of the 50 million others saying it after yesterdays game, I've been saying that since 2 years.

I was only joking mate, relax! :lol:

In fact what i said was a compliment to your national team :)

Özil is good, no doubt about it.

Every country except England sees this happening year after year :lol: Sry Gaz but the English pundits are always pretty condescending and even a bit bigoted when it comes to talking about the football teams of certain other countries, and Germany is the most obvious. I'm not saying the English people are, just the same old goons we are all forced to listen to on TV and radio.

Not always, I know where your coming from but the things they say are not usually referring to the quality of the German team, as there is often no doubt about that.

Some pundits are proper muppets and it amazes me how they ever get onto the tv but others are more balanced so I dont think its fair to tarnish them all. Plus your Scottish and so ur opinion isnt valid ;) haha, joking of course :P

Bart talks about stereotypes but then reels off a load himself. I could think of a load of stereotypes but im sensible enough to realise they are all absolute rubbish ;)

I hope that the Dutch meet Germany ;)

The Dutch always seem to have a squad full of big names....but that doesn't make a team.