anyone work in pest control ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez said:
Arent there those electronical thingies u can buy...Sending out high frequency sound wave's (Wich we can't hear but the bee's can) wich will scare them away ?

These things fucking rule, its amazing what a difference they make. Ive got 2 in my house one upstairs and one downstairs and ive not seen hardly a single spider, woodlouse or anything like that in 16 months now. They might look a bit gimmicky but try dropping a spider in front of one and switching it on, they go bloody daft lol. Not good if youve got mice or hamsters ias pets, tho it wont bother cats or dogs.

Saytan said:
These things fucking rule, its amazing what a difference they make. Ive got 2 in my house one upstairs and one downstairs and ive not seen hardly a single spider, woodlouse or anything like that in 16 months now. They might look a bit gimmicky but try dropping a spider in front of one and switching it on, they go bloody daft lol. Not good if youve got mice or hamsters ias pets, tho it wont bother cats or dogs.

Where and how much? :P

ProPain said:
jacky chan it
Nah, none of that Jackie chan bollocks.

You need some windmilling and if you've got a set of keys handy, put 'em in your hands and make them count!

But I'm not sure those thing's will work when there's already a hive, saytan :P

sneez said:
But I'm not sure those thing's will work when there's already a hive, saytan :P

"it uses the electrical wiring system already in your home to carry a signal that drives them from their nests deep inside walls and ceiling spaces"

.. says on the site

If it's big, get someone else to do it. If its small, hold a bin liner under it and knock it in right quick with a paint scraper or similar. Or use a residual fly spray around the nest. Don't piss them off unless you can run away. They will hurt you. Pest control don't gas wasps . They take the nests away and burn them.

Reactions: Ajax
cant get too the nest itself, cant see it from inside the attic and cant see from outside, but can see where they going in and out. Got some 'wasp nest killer' from wilcos today its a powder which you plie on where the entrance and exits to the nest are cost £1.97 so happy as anything if it does the job......will find out tonight at about 2 am so the less active (i hope) gonna have on fast running shoes just in case though

Nest is most likely in the wall cavity. If they ain't bothering you, leave them and they will be gone in a few months. They won't come back. Just put a picture of Gen near the entry point and say "Bring it on vermin"

sneez said:
Step 1) Take a picture of your hairy back
Step 2) Show it to the subject(s)
Step 3) They will all die a fearsome and slow death.

Twonko said:
Nest is most likely in the wall cavity. If they ain't bothering you, leave them and they will be gone in a few months. They won't come back. Just put a picture of Gen near the entry point and say "Bring it on vermin"
:rofl:

well just finished putting a load of wasp nest killer powder around the entrance and exits ive seen them use, word of advice to others having this problem, sort it out at 2am in the morning !! not one wasp flew out to sting me :D The powder hopefully will work. If not then get someone in time maybe.....if those plugin things work with wasps think ill get one as dont want this happing again.

If they ain't bothering you, leave them and they will be gone in a few months

Yeah read up on the life cycle of wasp on the net noticed they dont stay in the nest over winter etc etc thing is i dont 100's of wasps comming though my windows after the grubs have died out and the wasps are looking for any kind of sweet food as my flat gets soo hot you have to be able to open the windows otherwise i would melt.

buy a cheap desk ventilator, a noticably large one that actually helps keeping you cool should be available for about 10 €.

ive got 2 huge ceiling fans in the front room :D

strike one for the british weather though wokeup this morning to find it raining, anit been out yet but guessing rain has washed all the powder away lol :teehee: