Insert generic threadname describing funny pic..!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maxiz!

Heather_Morris^
Apr 14, 2003
Stockholm
fdccax.jpg

I :lol:'d!

Winter War was actually a fairly fascinating war in itself. Fairly amazing considering if it weren't fought Finland's sovereignty would be entirely diminished and Sweden would share a border with Russia.

well...SU wanted to get Finland back (before 1918 Finland was a part of Russia), unfortunately for them, they tried to beat Finland in winter...fortunately for other Scandinavian countries...and for Nazist Germany (if Stalin would get Finland easy, then he will be able to first attack Germany = no Operation Barbarossa)
but its true, that it was big win of Finland, that they kept independent then...and was able to fight agains Red Army...and its normal that they are proud of that ;)

Yeah i know this part of ww2 history too and it was rly gj Finland (of course russian army sux in this war:p:)

If that was a such a big win for finland how come they had 2 give Soviets a part of their territory?

Yes still wonder that, some of the prettiest territory as I understand too. Prolly because the dirty Russians dont have anything nice. I had to work with Russians this summer, and no offense to AlexR and ~viper~ and some of the other guys in UTA, but Russians are absolutely horrible people and think mullets are cool.... Dirty dirty dirty Russians.

There's also still a minority Conservative party in Finland running on the platform of having the lake region returned to Finland.

Yes still wonder that, some of the prettiest territory as I understand too. Prolly because the dirty Russians dont have anything nice. I had to work with Russians this summer, and no offense to AlexR and ~viper~ and some of the other guys in UTA, but Russians are absolutely horrible people and think mullets are cool.... Dirty dirty dirty Russians.

There's also still a minority Conservative party in Finland running on the platform of having the lake region returned to Finland.

I still prefer russians 2 yanks and most of west europeans ( aka half yanks) :nod:

A for returning of the republic of Karelia 2 finland...whishful thinking

Last edited:
it was a good decision to give Russia a part of their teritory (small part...im not sure, but it was ~10% of their teritory...some Suomi can say more about that :P )...why?
because they kept independent (Finland is a country where lived not so many ppl, they couldnt beat SU, so it was best way to finish this war while they can stop it and dont lost independent)...after war they was a free country, not like Poland, Czechoslovakia, DDR, Hungary ;)

well...about Russians, normal ppl in russia are friendly and nice, but some Putin's, Medvedev's are showing the worts side of new Russian Federation...unfortunately propaganda in Russia is working very well...and for young Russians Putin is an idol :( i like Russians, but not a Russia...

it was a good decision to give Russia a part of their teritory (small part...im not sure, but it was ~10% of their teritory...some Suomi can say more about that :P )...why?
because they kept independent (Finland is a country where lived not so many ppl, they couldnt beat SU, so it was best way to finish this war while they can stop it and dont lost independent)...after war they was a free country, not like Poland, Czechoslovakia, DDR, Hungary ;)

well...about Russians, normal ppl in russia are friendly and nice, but some Putin's, Medvedev's are showing the worts side of new Russian Federation...unfortunately propaganda in Russia is working very well...and for young Russians Putin is an idol :( i like Russians, but not a Russia...

Why r Putin and Medvedev showing the worst side of new Russia because they dont let Russia be plundered by American or British oil companies..or because they dont let Russia be put aside? Everything was fine when that fkn drunkard Yeltsin ran the country (yeah right)? I think Putin did great and i wish we have some like him hear instead of bunch of stupid corrupt incompetent politicians who would sell their mothers for 1000 € and lose their spine so we can join utterly impotent and useless organization like EU.

Why r Putin and Medvedev showing the worst side of new Russia because they dont let Russia be plundered by American or British oil companies..or because they dont let Russia be put aside? Everything was fine when that fkn drunkard Yeltsin ran the country (yeah right)? I think Putin did great and i wish we have some like him hear instead of bunch of stupid corrupt incompetent politicians who would sell their mothers for 1000 € and lose their spine so we can join utterly impotent and useless organization like EU.
i didnt tell that Yeltsin was better as president...you give some pluses of Putin/Medvedev...now i will only say:
- free media in Russia and freedom of expression (Politkovskaya, Khodorkovsky)
- Litvinenko
- Georgia/Ossetia/Abkhazia
- "Putin goverment grow up life standard of poor and old russian" ;)
i can find many more...

Finland is the only democratic country to have ever gone to war on another democratic country.

pld:lol: