I want to know why? (map bugs discussion)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuT

Windows is good... except for useful stuff...
Sep 24, 2001
Sweden
Ok, i want to know the following.

Dj gets suspended for using a map bug in a league match. Obviously right according to the rules. Can´t argue with that.

BUT!

Why the hell didn´t Meteor get suspended when he used the invisible bug on bridge in an ias game a few months ago?
When i contacted an admin about this, i got the following answer: This might lead to a warning but nothing more than that.

Meteor is an admin. Is that why he´s treated in a different way than Dj?

When i spoke with an admin about this Meteor situation i sent the demo + 3 avi´s about it which proved what he did. And also another guy in Rof used the same bug btw. Nothing happened. I want to know why.

Proto asked me not to show the bug to any1 and i´ll respect that.
I just want an honest answer of why Dj got treated in a different way than Meteor.

I can't remember if it was before or after Meteor became admin. Don't think I have the "evidence" any more so can't remember the exact details but the bug used then wouldn't have been intentional (and it's hard to prove otherwise). DJ did it intentionally and so got punished.

Uzi: admins will always be labelled corrupt when people don't get their own way.

Proto, i happened to find the demo this morning. It shows Meteor and Patriot using the same bug over and over as the map goes on. And tbh it´s very obvious that it´s used on purpose. However, i was wrong about the "few months ago" comment. It was a bit longer back than that. It was made in this match: http://www.utassault.net/matches/matchinfo.php?matchid=8134 so about 7 months ago.

Anyway, is this bug going to be tolerated of use further on?
And also, for those who doesn´t know about it just pm me in irc and i can send a clip i made of it just to show how it works.

If ppl knows about it, i guess none can use it anymore and get away with saying: It wasn´t made on purpose.

Fixing map bugs like sticky walls, texture glitches requires direct map editing.
We do not have permission from authors of many league maps to do so so those which could be fixed by LAS has been already done.

There are few map bugs which can be used not intentionally but not in DJ's case where you have to make into wall by jumping into one particular spot. There is no way to do it by accident. Another problem with this wall glitch is that if you do right you can't be killed there which gives you another unfair advantage.

I remember your report about bridge bug however back then i got only 2 short avis. Please zip this demo and send it to admins[@]utassault.net. I still don't know this bug and i would like to take a look at it together with Timo and see if it's possible to fix by server side stuff.

I played that match but to be honest I can't remember meteor or patriot saying on vent that they were using some sort of invisibility thing at all. I'm not saying this to protect them. Fucking hell, I didnt even know that you had an invisibility bug on bridge except for the hollow trees. And once you know that they're in the trees then it's too easy to kill them.

LOL, the whole world uses that bug on bridge. infact theres crapload of spots on bridge where u go invisble. theres spots on ballistic, desolate and riv3 and where u can jump into walls and not be seen. I dont now which 1 DJ was banned for, but half of them sniperonlydotcoms should be banned then they always abuse these bugs.

Theres a pretty obvious one on bridge and since brajan posted how Dj cheated then i will say this 1, as the attackers come up from final assault entrance, the sniper rifle is there along with somes boxes near it, if u jump on the first box and stand there u go invisible, half the uta knows this and do it on purpose cause theres no way an idiot would stay there on that map against snipers :rofl: they only do it to go invisble.

Last edited:
This is Zyx post taken from moderation queue:

Zyx said:
As you mentioned 99% of the community know of this leveldesgin bug yet nothing is done about it. It is unintentionally there and people use it.

Now instead of banning someone for it how about fixing the problem. All you have to do is replace the semisolid with a solid brush.

Then the next question how far will the bans go.

1) Bridge > Water bug abuse. Ban?
2) Bridge > Non Solid Trees. Ban?
3) Bridge, River3, etc etc Sticky walls. Ban?

It would be nice to get this cleared up.

Bug used by DJ cannot be performed unintentionally. I just got a short movie from TuT with invisibility bug on Bridge and i must say i wasn't aware of this spot and even i was using this position to snipe from but i still got killed there so i guess it's a very specific bug that only appears in some very specific spot.

I'll try to talk with Timo as soon as he is online about possibilities to fix Ballistic and Bridge bugs. Fell free to PM me any map bugs you know since i don't know them all for sure. Some sshots or demos would be good. More we'll get more fixes could be done at once.

GG Brajan , My thread was b4 this thread .
When i ask you for a opinion your saying :use your brains??
now your deleting and closing my posts />
>whats next ?
gg admin

Yes montana ... use your brain instead of bugs ... what's so hard about it? If something inside like common sense tells you that you're in position you probably shouldn't be there must be something, eh?

Discussion about map bugs will be continued in this thread and i expect useful posts not moaning from some kid so any attempt to spam or hijack this thread = thrash.

well i got all my post deleted aswell in the mod queue lol

all i was asking is what was the bug ... ?
from what i've read u jump in a wall and get somewhat hidden and imune while bein able to shoot at people ?
if that is the case then u can't really argue about this bein fair .. lol

if some bugs get considered as a "banable offence", u should make them pretty clear for everyone, i would hate to be launched/ dodging at the wrong place to end in a "map bug" and getting banned for something i got no clue about :confused:

u dont get immune, only if u go there on very top u can get immune if u go little back, but then u cant even shot by urself. btw that position is very bad to snipe from, so its useless

it may be bad spot (as are most bug spots) but it waste attackers time, 1st run i would think he is hiding under it somewhere in the fan room, 2nd run i might think he is in the lamp area, and maybe the 3rd run i will know where he is

Old or not, useful or useless it doesn't matter.
It's still a bug which is unknown for some players in UTA and can be used against them.

yeah ill say to meteors defence (and not dj's) sometimes you dont even know your standing in a bug

im not 100% sure if theres a bug there even but in a few pugs ppl called me using a bug in golgotha 1 after hurons path is reached I often like to drop down with sniper and go disable the "box launch" from the top left hill (almost hugging the wall) I usually crouch and snipe back and forth to stay hidden, maybe thats why people dont see me, but maybe theres a bug I dont even know, to me thats just the natural vantage point, whereas the ballistic bug clearly isnt.

imho the factor of being intentional is a big one, for example all the sticky wall bugs, tbh b4 pugging I knew none (except the negative ones that fucked launches) but now like everyone else I use it on riv3 (after charge) and subbase (after roof boost), these sticky wall bugs are blatently intentional but imo itd be better if they were removed/disallowed since they are unneccessary.

Hi m1cr0 :wave:

There's a brilliant bug in RiverbedAL where you can turn into a ghost and run around the map, and I mean in the middle of matches. Your body stays in a hole while your spirit can run around invisible. Ironically it only works under LeagueAS. I tried demoing it but UT crashes with demo manager and LAS.

On defense, drop down this hole behind the building and then back-hammer-jump up the diagonal slope to escape at this same top corner. If you do it right you will become a ghost and your body will drop back down into the hole - you can't shoot or jump or do anything other than run, but your body is unlikely to be killed where it is. I dunno, maybe you can spy on the other team and give warnings etc, without them knowing you're there :P

Attachments

• Shot0002.jpg
    Shot0002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 18
ok as my post in the Supended section wasnt approved by a admin so i ask it here. In Desolate][ @ Guard Room: Sitting in the Tube bug/cheat ? Ban? Because i noitce that a lot of people get killed from that spot and its annoying cause i cant see them, and it wastes attackers time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.