Admin Position and word to Puggers.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

There's much more to stand-comboing than you think :shout: There's... well, there's... I mean there's... wearing the correct shoes.

he got gen by flaking it from the outside even though while inside gen all I saw was flak coming out of nowhere infront of the door, his body appeared to be 2 meters to the left of the gen opening

Are you that daft?
Haven't the water bug in UT99 taught you anything about where to shoot? Where the projectiles come from.

Yes his body appeared to be sliding/lagging out to the left of the gen opening, but the flak projectiles were coming from inside and he only got it when he faced the genny itself.

And the lavafort thingy... (I can't remember if he came low or not, so I'm assuming he used the lift) its impossible to make the lift lag any at all, so why didn't you combo the lift? he has to stand still otherwise he'll fall because of the warping/getting stuck

Are you that daft?
Haven't the water bug in UT99 taught you anything about where to shoot? Where the projectiles come from.

Yes his body appeared to be sliding/lagging out to the left of the gen opening, but the flak projectiles were coming from inside and he only got it when he faced the genny itself.

And the lavafort thingy... (I can't remember if he came low or not, so I'm assuming he used the lift) its impossible to make the lift lag any at all, so why didn't you combo the lift? he has to stand still otherwise he'll fall because of the warping/getting stuck

well then he warped past me on ballistic when I was only wathcing the opening which is as worse as if an invis flak had got it from outside the gen

he got past the lift on lava... maybe i couldnt combo him on lift because I was watching low or was sniping a ripper... fact is as soon at he got past the lift 2 of us were just trying to shoot at him (its quite easy to kill people with shock there since u got the high ground) but the 2 of us shooting cuz we knew someone was there couldnt stop him from walking on a narrow corridor up to inside the room where he finished the map

on many other occasions his warping annoyed the fuck out of me these were just 2 examples

just ask my team how I sounded on ts defending low at warhead on ballistic.....

but me hating warpers is beside the point

the main subject of this discussion is wether or not that ban was fair.

I for one say it totally was, and that's my opinion, disagree as you like but don't go and claim stuff like "everyone but xb didn't mind, ADMIN ABUSE"

He was unhittable, you can't justify it. On TS if he was coming low you would hear 'THE LAGGER IS LOW', if you hit him it was purely by luck.

if you hit him it was purely by luck.

no. I timed it.
he always walked in a straight line. never dodged or backed up.
I managed to time him because I saw how much of a distance he warped/teleported. If I saw him I just remembered that and shot that distance ahead of him.

But then again this only worked with spamweapons such as flak or rockets...

"Administration" by Ase:

Now, I wasn't actually banned, although my adress was on the ban list for a short space of time; * j-ase sets mode: +b *!*wish@*.manc.cable.ntl.com

I was "banned" purely through doing one notice, nothing else, didn't break any rule or do anythin wrong. I did one #utapug notice, like many people have done before me and was threatened with a ban.

I was in favour of new admins but the administration has gone way out of control - I hope when mc is back things will smoothen out.

Edit: Just read that this is 'against the rules'. If the new admin team have created a new set of rules I would very much like to read them, please post a link with them here

I've not banned anyone yet :S

Oh and wish, we sometimes use the +b to mute you in the channel, this way you can still pug but cannot spam/notice :)

Well I guess if everyone behaved like he would in real life then there'd be no problems I think. Instead som,e people rather act like a bunch of jerks.
Notices are annoying.. if anyone would like to play then he'll sign up himself, no need for a reminder tbh.

But brain, when Torp made a thread about notices being annoying 90% of the community said notices are fine, not annoying at all, are helpful to the pug and you can switch them off.

Funny how they are suddenly annoying when I do a notice though.

Torp was 100% right in what he said about some people in his thread, if you haven't read it you should ;)

Cannot remember that topic and didnt know that you could turn notices off ;).
anyways my post had nothing to do with you personally. I always find them rather annoying no matter who uses it.

Tbh, I got bans+infractions for my outburst on the situation. Now they are banned. I expect an apology and a removal of infractions from the admin team tbh. Nope, I didnt think so. Typical tbh, I complain and get totally flamed to pieces by 10+ people all at once, then the /notice becomes banned after I'm told to stfux20 banned for 48 hours for being "racist" which in no way it was and then infracted points for that remark. ZZZZZZZ

@uzi, no he cant pug still. Under +b you cannot change your nickname. I should know MyM does it to me on several occasionas short term :( :P

You're right there torp, just tested.

When using +b to stop you resetting/flaming, then obviously we'd have to make sure you are signed to pug first - Will bear it in mind

Just put ~q: in front of the ban mask to mute individuals from the channel; all other actions (nick, join) will still work.

e.g. /mode #utapug +b ~q:*!*@A1234567.B89C01D2.E345678.IP

This does not affect voiced or above users.