New map + map update

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
There is no map to vote on removal this time due to RealAssault being removed on request.

iSEAL is the new map for this month, it can be downloaded here until uta site is updated.

Dungeons has had a new beta released, download via redirect only at the moment. Feedback on this version is appreciated.

Next map addition with be BioAssaultNA

iSEAL is a nice small map with lots of launch potential but also alot of spam potential.

The defence have a massive advantage imo, especially with 2 SB's, thighpads and a quad damage etc available :lol:. I hope LeagueAS removes the quad damage.

Would be interesting to see how it actually plays 6v6.

hmmmmmm lol it's been a long while since i've played the regular ISEAL...
I thought when u said u thought about adding ISEAL u mean't of course ISEAL][, a map thats been in #naat pugbot for years although not very popular (even I don't really like it).

The main reason why the map has been modified is this:

Go to the back of the map, go up the air lift and drop on the right side of the tower (if your facing your spawn)

shoot the wall where theres the opening on the screenshot and it will open..

hiddenbuttonbj7.jpg

you go in and touch that panel and it opens the door of the secret room.

oh btw, you see that lil floating thing in the small hidden room? does it look familiar?, well it shouldn't because its a bloddy translocator, yes yes, translocator.

:puke: TRANSLOCATORS IN ASSAULT :puke:

Secret room time cuz the rigged part isnt even there yet. You touch that button and basically it opens temporarly the secret door room, just jump off the ledge and quickly go up the air lift again, youll see the big door opening you just have to steer in it while moving up.. and then you get there..........

hiddenroomes3.jpg

so yeah, boots belt invis amp and if my first counting is correct enough vials for ............... 6 kegs of health (the whole offence)

so yeah 150 sb + 199 hp + translocator + invis + boots + amp = o_0 all u need is a deemer :puke:

I strongly urge the admin team to go download ISEAL][ of #naat pugbot or any custom maps euro server if its up because THAT iseal im pretty sure isn't even worth a try.

Btw. the first changes I noticed in ISEAL][ were:
1) absence of both hidden rooms (so no invis no trans no amp no boots, no 6 kegs worth of vials)
2) lil thing at the start of the O spawn just to improve realism graphic wise
3) no autocanon on the high way for Offence (where the belt is)

to summarize the content of this post:
ISEAL no future
ISEAL][ better but still a little sucky

Last edited:
http://download.yousendit.com/D9757F767E7542F1

edit:
or
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D9757F767E7542F1
both works for me o_0
it should take you first to a screen asking you to login so use my account or create one and then it should link you automaticly to the file or just re-enter the url.

I uploaded the map and the files ut demomanager listed beside de.u and the league as files

you might or might not need all the files for the map to work, but at least it should work with these. if it doesnt pm me

P.S. You need an account to download from that site, its free but if u cba to create one u can use mine,
email: [email protected]
pw: bsgftw

P.P.S. This is my junk e-mail adress, I don't use it other then to suscribe to public sites, or read it ever.

Last edited:
aye deaboy thats the map file

but if you dont have any other bioassault version you will need the music and some texture files

the link works for me o_0 mb cuz I hosted it, I edited my post with a 2nd link that should work (I hope)

Well it looks like the NA version was based from a very very early version of my SE (or ][) release; the only thing I can see that has been ripped was part of the end sequence with the explosion chains; so I'll let whoever did this version off... I think it was the LE version that was a complete rip of my SE private beta.

oh and to make a subtle link with another active thread....

BioNA is a long but assaultable map...... in #naat..... original bio has 1 near impossible chokepoint, and you can ripper the end objective with spawn protection on :lol:

then again, bioNA fixed the chokepoints so that now the easiest objectives to hold are the first one, science corridor, and shooting range if offence is dumb and keeps feeding shockrifles to the defence. The thing I didn't really think about though is that we use CB12 in #naat, so no lockdown..... the map isn't that heavily dependant on miniguns but it could make tunnels and science corridor objectives alot easier to defend :/

Anyway I guess we will see if its playable or not in #utapug, its a very enjoyabe in #naat and I suggested it knowing it could be fun in an effort to bring diversity and more fun to the pugs, and perhaps league one day.

BioNA is a long but assaultable map...... in #naat..... original bio has 1 near impossible chokepoint, and you can ripper the end objective with spawn protection on :lol:
Hardly assaultable... took about 8-9 mins last night pug

then again, bioNA fixed the chokepoints so that now the easiest objectives to hold are the first one, science corridor, and shooting range if offence is dumb and keeps feeding shockrifles to the defence. The thing I didn't really think about though is that we use CB12 in #naat, so no lockdown..... the map isn't that heavily dependant on miniguns but it could make tunnels and science corridor objectives alot easier to defend :/
Fixed the chokepoints?
You're saying Science corridor ain't a chokepoint?
Defenders spawn with tons of mini, shock and sniper ammo. And there is no 2nd route to get the objective...
But the main problem is the spawn infront of the objective. Defenders spawn with minigun, drop down and backstab the attackers...

Shooting range is held easily with flak-cannon. The 2nd route into the shooting range is ok though... bit easy to defend though...

Anyway I guess we will see if its playable or not in #utapug, its a very enjoyabe in #naat and I suggested it knowing it could be fun in an effort to bring diversity and more fun to the pugs, and perhaps league one day.
It's not playable in #utapug IMO

I did say science corridor was still one of the easiest objective to defend.

But compared to the original bioassault theres a small difference, healthpack at the chokepoint gate.

The ez strat that helps getting science is a hammer set pretty much like for underground on desert storm 20 to 40 degrees in the air, stand by the door so you don't get shot and let the other people dodge into landing near the final.

For shooting range its not that big of a chokepoint imho, but like it said its very important offence doesn't give shock to the defence or else ofc they are gonna get theyre asses spanked/spammed for a long time, a single guy with a 50 ammo shock can hold all offence by himself for a good 30 seconds or more.... IIRC theres no flak ammo or anything, and the boxes/little kind of line after that, gives the offence the option to move skillfully around and avoid getting shot/seen.

I said it was a LONG but assaultable map, I don't remember the time limit but i think you assaulted it if it was 8-9 min. I think the average time for 6v6 on #naat pugs was around 7 minutes too, its still shorter then the average bridge ;)
And tbh, the map is big so its a series of smaller chokepoints and not just an "assault and die at the same place for 5 minutes". I find it enjoyable even if its long, if you don't like that its fine I guess.... I doubt it is unplayable in #utapug unless everyone starts defending it 100% all the time.

Oh and don't you guys remove the map too soon, I wanna have a chance to play it too ;)