Youtube / Flash failure...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Whatever I do with Flash I can't get it to load in Youtube, whether it's on IE or Firefox. I've tried reinstalling it, uninstalling it, disabling adblockers and popup stoppers, etc. No matter what it just tells me I need new Flash player. Can anyone fix this?

Not JAVA but JAVA SCRIPT. Those are two different things ... however i got the same at work. I only see white square instead of a player but this is most probably caused by a gay Checkpoint installed on my company network.

Looked in ADd / Remove programs and it wasn't there.

Tried uninstalling then reinstalling - same problem again.

Tried downloading the standalone version of Flash for XP and it now shows up in Add / Remove programs, plus certain utils which need Flash now work, where before they didn't. But youtube still says I need Flash in Firefox, though it's now working in IE. Arg.

Just to 100% rule out any conflicts within firefox, did you try running it in safe mode?

- Close all instances of Firefox
- Start -> Run -> firefox.exe -safe-mode
- Click Continue (don't check any of the boxes)
- Browse to youtube.com and try and play a video

Thx Weirdo, I'll try it later :thumb:

@ DB - it worked with old Firefox but since I got the newer version it's failing. beyond that I can think of nothing - no addons or other utils that I have installed. I've even downloaded latest versions of Adblock Plus and Flash Block which were supposed to be able to work with new Flash. Tried disabling them both too but no help. Thing is Flash seems to work on other sites via Firefox but not youtube. Depositfiles doesn't work either, now I think about it.

EDIT: Firefox v2.0.0.15

EDIT again: Went here and tried the suggestion in the bottom post - made a text doc, put the code in it, changed ext to .html and opened in Firefox. It asked me to d/l flash plugin, which I did. Then it asked me to restart Firefox, but before I did I refreshed the page and the video worked. Thinking it was now sorted I went to youtube and got the same error message again. Wot in the fk.

EDIT furthermore: Just found out that other sites which stream youtube videos let me play them fine. So it's just when I try to watch youtube videos by actually going to youtube :whatever: I don't get this...

Last edited:
Doubt this'll work, but all the other advice seems to be failing...

go to, (I'm assuming you're using XP)
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player

you should have 2 folders go into #sharedobjects and the next folder inside it, then remove all the folders inside that (they should have website names)

Then go back to the flash player folder, and remove all the files from the folder in there: macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

If you're worried about breaking stuff, jus copy/paste them to somewhere else, can always put em back afterwards.

Like I said, doubt it'll work.. but no harm trying ;)

create a new account

log out yours

login into new

try utube

if it works it's something in your account

if it dont then its in the system side of things

that may make it easier to track what problem is

@ uZi - didn't work :\

@ DB - didn't sodding work sodding either :angry:

Thanks anyway, guess it's just one of those bloody things you have to put up with, like mobile phone ringtones.