xp2000+ and MSI KT3 ultra2 mobo

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ProPain

Contents under Pressure
Oct 10, 2001
Stockholm
Maybe a stupid question.
But when i boot it says I have a 1250 mgz processor.
I heard you had to change the multiplier to set it to the right speed.
My question
to what setting should i put it to get optimal performance??

Thx in advance

well, for 'optimal performance'.. it'd be as high as it can go :D (but you'd need to unlock it to overclock it ;))

well, 2000+ is 1.67 afaik. divide 1677 by 133 and you get 12.5 as your multiplier. so therefore, i must say 12.5 :]

edit: just ignore the above.. your problem is it has the processor as 100mhz.. you want it to be 133mhz :). multiplier is fine, its just the system bus

Fans should come with instruction.
and more important
they should just attach the fans with screws instead of that HORROR device that they use now.
anyways thx zorky 4 fixing it and thx 4 making me look like an utter utter moron ;)

All fans have instructions either in the box or online and you can also buy fans with screw mounting Alpha 8045 or swiftec 462 are two that come to mind :D

mine didnt have instructions.
And i didnt think of checking the internet.
and for the screws
They should come default with a fan.
because getting the fan on the proc with 10+ beers down your throat ain't a good idea (i didnt damage anything but was kicking and screaming ;) )

Originally posted by ProPain
Fans should come with instruction.
and more important
they should just attach the fans with screws instead of that HORROR device that they use now.
anyways thx zorky 4 fixing it and thx 4 making me look like an utter utter moron ;)

np and np :P