XP Exploer Problem. Please help me, it's making me unhappy.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Plonko

Cow/Fish Molester
Jun 8, 2001
Lowestoft UK
I seem to have a problem opening IE and windows explorer. What happens is that in IE I try to open it and says IE blah blah has encoutered a problem and will be shut down do you want to tell microshaft about it. (you all know the message)

It'll do this 4-5 times and then will open it without any problems on the next attempt.

Windows explorer does much the same thing only it appears to close and restart the explorer shell when it does it.

Anyway it's bloody annoying and if anyone's had the same problem or anyone has any bright ideas then any help would be much appreciated.

Abuse from the usual suspects is also acceptable as an alternative.

edit: before you suggest it I've tried reinstalling xp over the top of my current instalation and that didn't help. I think a clean install will almost certainly fix it but I really reall really don't want to have to do that.

I've done both of them. :\ Doesn't seem to make any difference. My first thought was a virus but Norton doesn't pick anything up.

nxt time m8 put whole error message up blah blah blah not very helpful in tracking down where prob is

Neither does the error message which was just as helpful. Somthing like 'This program has encountered a serious problem and will be shut down'

I could post the whole thing that it wants to send to microshaft but it's rather large.

Thx for the link though. I'll have a look.