XConsole enhanced console beta job

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quasi^

Me.
Oct 26, 2002
Behind a crate
Basically its a console extension that makes an extra toolbar at the top of the main console (not quick console) with a few extra controls:

Colours your teammates speech in the HUD (including taunts tho)
It allows you to turn off various types console msgs (except speech atm)
Eventually it will log whatever is left in the console - ie pretty much wysiwyg
Doesnt do any sort of game summary yet.

I tested the autologging on a few AS servers the last few days and the only one I found that kicked me off was Boomtown 2. I havent done a great deal of testing yet tho. Also I noticed a few things do go weird on any cshp servers, as if I'm losing variables etc so I started a major overhaul of the logging code yesterday.

Hopefully I will have something sorted within the next week or 2.

A few bugs I know off so far:

If you press escape to close it, you need to do it twice, or the mouse pointer remains on screen. Best things is to only use your console key to open/close.
Sometimes when UT starts, the console pops up when you first go to menu. This seems to be to do with the way its closed I think.
Some of the message types need updating/removing because they arent console messages in the first place. ^^

These will probably get sorted when the logging is finished.

If anyone wants to beta test what Ive made so far (ie without the logging - just the coloured teamspeech and on/off console msgs) heres a link:

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/files/XConsole1.0b1.zip

the things that are included, kinda useless imo.

And i wanted to remove it (cant do it via some uninstall so just deleted the .int and .u and the .ini etc And no its buggered. When booting up UT it says: Cant find blkablabla XConsole.something...

Just so u know it :S

You need to change back the 'console=...' in your ut.ini

you can do this and leave the xconsole files in the system folder if you just want to do a quick change back

BTW All the message type checkboxes are really to help the logging part more than anything (when its done )

Also Im open for ideas for new features... :)

some shots ( sorry a bit blurry):

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

Last edited:
Im working on it right now - looks like 2 modes:

normal logging with a rogue actor that works on normal cshp (but gives admin server log warning) but doesnt work with league AS or any 'enhanced' cshp

and a sort of 'safe mode' that does work with league AS but with a few limitations (ie no timestamp and a size limit)

still got a lot of work to do though so if anyone has some suggestions for a good format and info plz let me know

the filename format looks like this:
[Yeehaw][AS-Overlord][2003.35.09][13.05.28].log

heres a small safemode one (edited a bit coz the forum word wrap messes it up a bit):

]===================================[ Tournament Log ]===================================[
Server Name Yeehaw
Map Name AS-Overlord
Logger Name n00b
File Time Friday 09/35/2003 1.05 PM

--------------------------------------> AS-Overlord <-------------------------------------

n00b: Roger
League Assault (Version 1.35c)
Incorporating Enhanced CSHP
Standard League Assault Commands:
ChangeTeams: Switch teams.
ToggleMute: Mute messages.
ShowMatchScore: View the score during a match.
ToggleExtendedHUD: Enable/disable the extended HUD.
For a complete list of commands and features visit the website!

Archon entered the game.
Aryss entered the game.
Alarik entered the game.
Dessloch entered the game.
Cryss entered the game.
Alarik: n00b, You got point.
n00b: Assault the base.
You got the Minigun.
You got a Sniper Rifle.
Cryss: On my way, n00b
Spawn protection has worn off.
The Beachhead has been breached.
You picked up a Health Pack +20
You got a box of rifle rounds.
You picked up 50 bullets.
The Boiler Room has been breached.
You were killed by Archon!
n00b was ripped to shreds by Archon's Flak Cannon.
Archon drew first blood!
n00b riddled Dessloch full of holes with the Enforcer.
You got the Minigun.
Spawn protection has worn off.
n00b's Minigun turned Archon into a leaky piece of meat.
You got a Sniper Rifle.
You got the Flak Cannon.
You got the Body Armor.
You picked up 10 Flak Shells.
You picked up 10 Flak Shells.
You got the Rocket Launcher.
You picked up a rocket pack.
You picked up a rocket pack.
You got the Thigh Pads.
Main Gun Control was destroyed!

--------------------------------------> Log Ended <---------------------------------------
XConsole V1.0 b2
For more info or to report bugs email [email protected]

but as i say, leagueAS enhanced cshp kills the normal logging actor that gives 'tick' to the logger, so this method actually does the logging between maps (so no timestamp), and theres a limit of how many lines of text the console holds before it starts overwriting itself - the default is 500 lines but im trying to make it 1000

Last edited:
n1 :thumb:

i like the idea of filtering out the crap in console just wanna see talk or kill msgs only

Theres a reason for that - all in the readme - but the problem is that assault messages (eg the tank was destroyed etc) are built into the each map, so its not a straight forward as the other types but I will be looking at that soon

The other thing is League AS countdowns which dont get turned off with the other countdowns.

But anyway I'll soon be looking at ways around this...

New version is being tested soon. Lots of changes:

Getting too crowded having all options on one page, so now it has tabs for separate features:

shot3.gif

shot4.gif

shot5.gif

3 major additions are the Dump button, the Team Changing combo, and the command/say/teamsay mode dropdown box. Also logging has a AS rounds box that will try to log both rounds in one file (bit experimental tho)

Adding separate pages like this has meant having to change the code in some major ways so it'll mean a day or two of bug testing before I post a link

Last edited:
Slight update - fixed LeagueAS countdown times

But it looks to me like the objective messages cant be turned off though, they seem to be a totally different breed of message, built into each maps fortstandards. Unless someone does know of a way? Id be glad to put in the console options if someone does

Attachments

• xconsolev1.0b2.1.zip
    93.6 KB · Views: 74
omw, cant test in online here but ill sure as hell fanny with it offline

AWESOME! Some things though

Little Things ::

- optional teamsay / say loggin???

- rename show/hide tab .... to just SHOW. This way u know that tickin the box shows the messages in the console and no tick means they arent shown.

- it didnt log one of my maps properly, when i clicked dump it saved it as "entry" instead of as-ballistic. Dunno if this is because i disconnected before i clicked dump or not. Will try figure that out a bit more.

Big Things ::

The layout is REALLY, not very good :) And is it possible to add the map name at START of log.

Suggested layout ....

*****Log Started*****
_________________ (underscores)
AS-BALLISTIC BEGINS (text)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ (0175 in ascii)

Joko enters the game
Joko owns everyone
Joko: Thank you fans
Jokos has left the game
Then you can make the lines a stand length (like 20 charaters or something. This means that the lines in the log file wont be different lengths for different map names. This doesnt matter for "log start/end" because they are standard lengths.

Other than these things i cant think of anything else wrong with it yet. I hope it works online all the time.( /me preys). Safe mode seems fine as well, real time loggin isnt really needed, as long as it logs for post match inspection :)

ill go play with it some more.

LUVIN' IT.

ive got a disconnect bind. So i modify it to 9=dump | disconnect and it dumps when i leave the server after a match. Fuckin great.
Realistically the only time im gonna wanna create a txt file is after a match .... so its all good :)

The line limit is a bit worrying though :\

why would you want the objective messages off? thats just pointless. Infact id prefer it if you could code something that would add who completed the objective ... like in irc.

Warloader Sequence Initiated [Joko]

You also may want to contact phear about the conflict with leagueas, cos if he is developing leagueas 136 then you could ask him to look at making it compatible, if not fully integrated into league as. (its up to you though, cos safe mode rox neway.)

Another thing could you add if ur attacking or defending? i think league as puts it into console neway, but its something that would make it look neater.

blahlblballab

Last edited:
btw html readme files r gh3y. Make it a txt one :D

[edit]Shoulda put all this in one post, but soz i keep thinking of other things and just hittin reply instead of edit [/edit]