wireless network interference?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

IceDragon

Me uses the hat....
Dec 9, 2003
Belgium
Hello,

I'm having issues with the wireless network interfering with some of my other hardware on my laptop.

When i'm connected to the network, playing audio doesn't work well (distorted playback, like when the cpu is working under very high load and you start playing back something) and my mouse skips a bit.

When I'm not connected to the network, no problem. When I turn off my wireless card, no problems either. Once I am connected, I can't stream/playback any audio properly. It works but the music is "laggy".

It's a WPA2 encrypted network. I've never had this kind of trouble with WEP networks, but wep encryption is rubbish :P , soooo.

Maybe one of you brilliant geniuses knows what could be the cause...

ID

sounds like something is hogging the CPU.
When you try to stream etc use Task Manager to view processes. Click on the CPU column header twice to bring the busiest process to the top....what's it's name?

WPA2 needs quit some power, if your WLAN-NIC doesnt support WPA2 in it's hardware. Then your machine has to emulate it software-sided and that could stress the system alot.

Due new drivers, the support for WPA2 can be improved, maybe even fixed. So tell us your WLAN adapter.

woo, see, I told you there are geniuses around here :D

the card is a BCM94311 MCG, basically a broadcom mini pci card.

Tried the thing with task manager, but the processor seems to get hogged by bursts, not long enough for task manager to register.

Thanks for further help :)

ye, uta is a place full of geniuses :rolleyes:

Take a look here, there you can find the newest drivers for your card.