[Windows 7] Check it out

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
Since view days the Windows 7 Beta is available for everyone.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

It's teh Ultimate edition and you can choose between 32bit, 64bit and different languages.

After the comments and experience i've heard from other users, it runs faster as Vista and all there seems to be less problems with program compatibility.
Even existing drivers could be used for Seven.

Last edited:
hah, TYPO!

why you need 16gb of free space? :uhh: I don't know how many xp/vista takes.. but that sounds like a lot!

edit: my current Windows folder is 5,17 GB... and it's on since oct 2007 :x

Last edited:
Don't make the mistake and compare Windows7 with WindowsXP.

The space requirement difference between XP and Vista was enormous.
For example my Vista - Windows folder alone is 13.5GB big.
When you add the other system folders like "Programm files" and "Users", it reaches 16GB easily.

Overall i isntalled Windows7 Ultimate 32bit on my virtual machine. The whole installation (Windows, program, users folders) takes about 7 GB. Compared to Vista Ultimate that's not much.

Tht's what Windows 7 makes different from Vista. Microsoft finally decided to get rid from all this bloat and tidy up abit.

Atm Vista is not even used for Netbooks and Ultra Portable Laptops, becuase they dont have the power to handle Vista.
So Microsoft wants to built a much slimer und faster system, so they could rid of WinXP there.

Last edited:
Since view days the Windows 7 Beta is available for everyone.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

It's teh Ultimate edition and you can choose between 32bit, 64bit and different languages.

After the comments and experience i've heard from other users, it runs faster as Vista and all there seems to be less problems with program compatibility.
Even existing drivers could be used for Seven.

könntest du mir ein paar screenshots von der audioverwaltung / lautstärkereglung machen und hier posten?
denn vista war für personen die viel audiobearbeitung betreiben definitiver rotz... und das fing schon bei den reglern an :)

könntest du mir ein paar screenshots von der audioverwaltung / lautstärkereglung machen und hier posten?
denn vista war für personen die viel audiobearbeitung betreiben definitiver rotz... und das fing schon bei den reglern an :)
Ist alles Vista nachempfunden.
Die Soundschnittstelle hat sich auch nicht verändert.

Last edited:
Hey, get out of here :mad: germans.

I honestly can't tell the difference from vista to windows 7, except for the fact that it starts a bit faster in a virtual machine, and that it has balls of light that turns into the windows logo when it starts. I never had vista installed, so thats probably half the reason.

Hey, get out of here :mad: germans.

I honestly can't tell the difference from vista to windows 7, except for the fact that it starts a bit faster in a virtual machine, and that it has balls of light that turns into the windows logo when it starts. I never had vista installed, so thats probably half the reason.

:rofl: