Windows 2000 not good for servers?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Darkheart

Jun 9, 2001
Somewhere
Decided it was time to move the server away from NT4 as no higher DX support and is a dead end now.

Changed over to 2000 from NT4 and I'm noticing a lot of fluctation in pings in performance is this normal and is there anything I can do about it?

Darkheart

er i remember a topic on the ez boared forum bout this, think there is something but iam to thick to know what though got to ask have you installed the service pack yet ?

if its a UT server u refereing 2, I have always had problems running a server on 2k, unless i run it as dedicated it crashes after about 10 mins. I dont know if it related but linux always had problems with ping spikes and it was solvable by turning off web admin.

Never had a problem with running a UT server on win2k Adv Server, only probs I have is that my connection cant handle it :P

Why not just stick with nt4.0 if it's just used for a ut server ?

nt4.0 is the best system to run nt servers off of.

what ever it was on last week dark, both me omen and tom lagged all the way trough or training, only 3 turned up:(