Why are you not dead?...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snippet of a story I posted elsewhere, was about a kart-racing experience with my brother (in those days we were regulars at the local indoor track):

My brother was right up my ass (not like that :P), and suddenly after a chicane I heard an odd noise, and something heavy flew onto my arm. I initially thought my brother hit me very badly and his front wheel slided onto my front, but then I instinctively pushed the object to my side with my right elbow, and as my eyes followed it I noticed that it was the goddamn engine, or at least some part of it. I noticed the fuel line had snapped, and fuel (LPG, I think?) sprayed over the kart, and presumably myself. I was still rolling up a bridge when this happened, but obviously I unbuckled my seatbelt and tried to get out asap.

As I got up, it happened; I obviously didn't see it directly, but I could feel the heat behind me, and everything behind me appeared to lit up. I jumped out and started checking if I was on fire; fortunately not, but when I looked behind me, the entire kart was in flames. My brother came running towards me, asking me if I was OK, and then a track official with a fire extinguisher ran past me and started extinguishing the flames. (in the end it took two extinguishers to completely douse the flames) It was only at this point that I realised what had just happened. People were lining up at the 'sky box' and the next wave of drivers came down the stairs and started asking what the hell just happened etc...
At no point during or after the 'incident' did I really feel that my life was threatened, but when I was rationalising this the next day I realised that bad things could've happened if it was a retard/kid sitting in my kart instead of me, or any person not capable of exiting the thing as swiftly as I did.

I still laugh at the 2nd thing a track official said to me though:
First he said: "Are you okay?", then he asked "If you want to, you can have another go for free" :lol:
Instead I got the hell home and drank a couple of beers :lol:

Well obviously im not that suicidal like others here :p:

Apart from my birth I think i wasnt realy in danger later. Dunno the english word for the "cut open the mother" thingy so. Well when i was younger my parents had some pretty risky car crashes (wich werent there fault!) but since we had a Volvo 740 they were only risky for the others :P

was undoing a cooker point with a socket on it (shud be protected by an RCD) it wasnt, was on the main switch side, was undoing it unaware there was a fault on it. At the time i was using insulated screwdriver (my own) to undo it so wouldnt of known, but sumtimes i use uninsulated ones, if i had of then gg ida known about it :) capable of crurrent carrying up to 30amps on 240v supply!

I fell during a downhill race once at about 100-110km/h. Had some major injuries but if it hadn't been for the safety nets at that particular spot I'd been dead now -_-

Well obviously im not that suicidal like others here :p:

Apart from my birth I think i wasnt realy in danger later. Dunno the english word for the "cut open the mother" thingy so. Well when i was younger my parents had some pretty risky car crashes (wich werent there fault!) but since we had a Volvo 740 they were only risky for the others :P

Volvo :cool:

The term is Ceasarian Section

had a heavy form of food poisining when i was young, needed to stay for 1 month in the hospital to recover! Second time when i felt alseep behind the wheeldriving 90 a 100km/h hitted a dyke and landed in a trench with the car on his side