What's the best movie of the Alien-Quadrology?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Best Alien movie?

• Alien³ (1992) - David Fincher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
My favourite is Aliens (It's the 2nd movie).
It has more action than the first film and much more/better story than Alien3 and Alien Resurrection.
James Cameron, who made this masterpiece, took the well known Alien-horror and combinated high class action á la Terminator.

Ofcourse Alien (1) is an all time favourite. Although i think it has a bit too many "slowdowns". Nevertheless the thrill is still pretty high.

hmm now to Alien³ and Alien Resurrection. Both films aren't really bad, but i don't like them much. If you know part 1 and part2 you would be prolly dissappointed by them. Not only coz you saw many things that were introduced in the previous parts, mainly it's coz of the weird storylines.
Imo Alien Resurrection it's the weakest film.
I know Alien³ has many failures and boring parts aswell, but for me the style of Alien Resurrection is more annoying. And even if you like it you've to admit that the Cloning thing is a bit urgh.

But now it's time to hear your opinions

I enjoyed Aliens 2 more but probably because it has a lot more action and has been on British TV more than Aliens (which is strange)

IMO they learned a lot from making Alien and implimented this into Aliens , which makes it slightly better than the original.

The other 2 I wouldnt particularly even give a rating unless Sigourney and Winona offered to suck mine and then I may :)

Aliens - uber film - one of the top 10 films of all time - certainly a very high "quote" factor.

"they're gonna come in here, they're gonna come in here and they're gonna kill us"

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

"Somebody wake up Hicks"

"All we need to know is where ... they ... are ...."

"Ever been mistaken for a man Vasquez..... No, have you?"

"You always were an asshole Gorman"

And the alltime classic : "Get away from her you BITCH"

And thats just off the top of my head.

Alien was a great film, but it was a monster/horror type, I prefer action/blow-em-ups like Aliens (and the less said about 3 and 4 the better ;) )

of course alien the first one the rest of all well the second one is good but... bah i dont want write a lot today so first one

"Great, thats fucking great! Now what the fuck are we supposed to do?!"

Uhh Aliens.

Zanmato said:
"Great, thats fucking great! Now what the fuck are we supposed to do?!"

Uhh Aliens.

I believe its:

Code:
It's game over man, it's game over! What the fuck are we supposed to do now!!

But yeah - Alien(s/3/uhhh) was ok. Can't see what all the fuss was about myself.

There is a world of difference between Alien and Aliens.
Two very different films using some of the same/differing techniques, characterdevelopment/story/action/suspense/gore.
Both are in my all time top 20 films but Aliens just edges it for me.
:thumb:

Oh and Mhugi forgot one quote...
"what are we supposed to use? Harsh language?"