We had this one before

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fin

'Zee German
Jun 7, 2001
Glasburghshire!
but back then it was a scan.

I'm wondering how thick the forrest is outside of that building.

bg01.jpg

the forest looks like a flat background in that pic, compare it to the real trees that you walk through/past on UT2A and they are shiiiiiiite :OP

spose they had to lower the polys sometimes :D

:rolleyes:
You should see the confusion in other forums about U2/UT2/UW its much much worse :P

(UW=Unreal Warfare being rumoured as 2 years off/Actually UT2/Or just the engine name - Depending on who u listen to... Not worth worrying about till the 2 we know about are released me thinks :P)

afaik U2 and UT2 are running on an engine called "warfare"...then again in official announcement of UT2 they said that in two years they are going to publish Unreal Warfare but I have no idea what kinda game it is...unreal style or ut style...or maybe all together? right now I'm only worried whether or not I'll get my comp updated before U2 comes out :D

yeah someone tell if ut2 and u2 are based on the same warfare? engine... just to settle the argument me and rd had over a nice cup of over-priced coffee:D

from cleaned.beyondunreal.com

3.2 Engine

What engine will U2 use? What is the "Warfare" engine?

U2 uses the "Warfare" generation of Epic's Unreal engine, modified by Legend.

U2 will use the latest, much improved version of the Unreal engine, also known as the "Warfare" engine, modified by Legend in some respects (particles, model animation, …). Note that the Warfare engine is still the Unreal engine, just the latest generation! Strictly speaking it should be called the "Warfare built of the Unreal engine".

Mark Poesch stated in this Q&A on UnrealCenter, published on August 30, 2001:

Q. A lot of people are wondering what the Differnce between the UW engine and the U2 engine is? Such as Niko 65 pointed out, not a lot of people know this, could you explain?

Mark’s Answer: Unreal II is based on the latest version of the Unreal engine - sometimes called the “Warfare engine” in the press and in the community. Many of our subsystems have been modified and augmented to an extent that our engine and Epic's are different. But, at its core, Unreal II is powered by the Warfare engine.

Epic's Mark Rein explained about this in this Interview on FGN Online, published 23 Jan 2001:

Q: Do you continually evolve the engine's technology and what is the Warfare engine?

A: Yes, the Unreal Engine is a constantly evolving product. The technology you're seeing in this build of the engine is the basis of what will power future Epic games including Unreal 2 (being developed by Legend Entertainment), an unannounced Xbox title and then eventually a game codenamed Unreal Warfare way down the road.

This is why you'll occasionally hear us or licensees refer to the 'Warfare' version just as we referred to the 'Tournament' version of the engine to represent the feature set of the engine built between the releases of Unreal and Unreal Tournament. The name of the engine is still the Unreal Engine but internally we'll refer to Warfare build xxx where xxx is the latest actual version number. (Note: The "unannounced Xbox title" is UC, which was not announced yet at that time.)

Builts 0xx-3xx are the classic Unreal engine; builts 4xx-5xx are the "Tournament" engine, builts 6xx-7xx are the "Warfare" engine. The latest built available to licensees is 777. For both the Tournament and the Warfare engine at least the engine core code has been completely re-written, based on the experience with previous versions.

For more detailed information and news regarding the Unreal engine, check Epic's Unreal Engine News.

this is similar with UT2

Thanks Finsternis :)
And natsi...SUCK IT DOWN! YEEHAW! :flack:

Sorry got carried away :D

[edit]And yes, the coffee costs way too much these days :nono:[/edit]