WASD vs Arrow Keys

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What Do You Use?

• Total voters
I thought this is a joke thread when read the title,I was always convinced almost every non-newbie player used WSAD because once u start playing a while you automatically shift positions on youre keyboard :| Oh well i live i learn, seems good players use arrow keys to depending on how they like it :o

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer arrow keys because I can find it easily when im not looking at the keyboard.. plus you cant accidently press any keys around it, since there arent any..

uhm i find my rdfg without looking aswell, and its not like all the buttons around are for "shut down computer" or "format c:" so even if u once misspress a key its not really gonna hurt you init :P

i moved from arrow key to "wasd" about 4 years ago.

"wasd" is better, coz you can reach more buttons wiht ur fingers :D

Last edited:
i use arrows but i'd recommend n00bs to learn the game with a lettercombination, more usefull buttons within reach

arrows rock

ctrl = hammer bind
shift = jump
number pad 0 = equip sniper rifle/ shock

thats me :p only problem is i press windows key far too many times when i get excited meaning ut just totally freezes hrhr

i use arrow keys because i find that wsda has too many keys around them, so if i do a dodgejump i sometimes change weapon at the same time :(. I also hate using space to jump, and if i use shift i feel its too far away for my pinky to stretch to control to crouch.

Most of all though its carried on from the original doom games and duke nukem were i always used the arrows. The same reason i play with inverted mouse, because in flight simulators you move the mouse down to "pull up".

Personally don't think it makes a difference tho, just use whatever ur used to.

The main problem with alot of players (myself included) is that they get into a routine of always attacking with the same route, or always defending in the same positions with the same weapon, it happens just because uv been playing too fucking long. Spec the best attacking players for a few maps and you''ll see every attack is different, they can dodge through most of the maps backwards, shooting you as you try hopelessly to catch them even although ur going forwards. It's a lost art. :drummer:

:kiss:

I don't matter. You get used to it. It's at least 99.9% Habit IMO.

Im in a Battlefield 1942 clan. Its a joke clan. It dont do anything. Anyway we play called Pirates!

One guy in that clan only has one arm! Yeah 1 fookin arm.
he is'nt the worst player in the clan either. So how does he do that? lol

$kunk\\'eeD said:
I don't matter. You get used to it. It's at least 99.9% Habit IMO.

Im in a Battlefield 1942 clan. Its a joke clan. It dont do anything. Anyway we play called Pirates!

One guy in that clan only has one arm! Yeah 1 fookin arm.
he is'nt the worst player in the clan either. So how does he do that? lol
holy shit! how the hell can you play with 1 arm?? :freak:
I bet hes a camper :teehee:

Last edited:
WASD, more keys, but more important, that if i use arrows i cant use my mouse next to my keyboard, cuz i dont want my arms to close to eachother