War of the Worlds

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hmm well saving private ryan was good, but imo movies by Roland Emrich like The Patriot or Mel Gibsons Braveheart could easily conquer most of speilberg's latest films. Now that i look at it top 3 directors up there would have Steven Speilberg there, but mostly because of his fame :P

saw it tonight, liked it, but yeh noticed the same things as mido especially the son escape bit :lol:

i was well entertained while i was in the cinema but the movie didnt touch me really.

what i really liked is that some (at least for me) totally new way of story telling was introduced, its the first movie ive ever seen in which the protagonists have absoluteley nothing to do with the outcome of the whole plot, cruise and his familly are only there to give you a point of view on whats happening.

i think cruise played rather bad in this movie compared to his last few movies like last samurai, vanilla sky, magnolia where i thought he was stellar, dakota was great apart from the screaming all the time which was part of the role tho. all the other actors pretty much sucked ass imo, most of all cruises son who was abysmal!

the cgi, the camera, the sound and special effects were great, but i wouldnt say its one of spielbergs better movies.

in the end i gave it a 6 on imdb.

I must admit I played Jeff Wayne's album through the other day and quite enjoyed it.

Jeoff Wayne.
Wrote performed and produced a double album.
War of the Worlds. Based on the book.
Had David Essex and Jullie Covington singing and Richard Burton narrating. Among others like Phill Lynott who played the part of the crazy priest.
Its a bit old.

Link

Last edited:
Reactions: Ðeadßoy
"like The Patriot or Mel Gibsons Braveheart "

might as well throw U571 in to complete the list of inacurate americanized bollox.

seen WOW twice now and i still think its a good film .. its not a classic tbh but its very good .. the end did seem to come round very quick the second time round which i didnt notice the first time a saw it.

Last edited: