Video Editing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Gazzy

Gareth the Slag!
Jun 7, 2001
Manchester
Hello :)

I have some good quality .mov videos from a recent skiing trip which I would like to edit and then combine together to make a small "movie" including a few music tracks and hopefully some still photos as well. I want to keep the quality as high as I can so file size isnt too much of an issue as long as it doesnt go beyond what can fit onto a DVD (~4 GB).

I have absolutely no previous experience trying to do this and just wondered if anyone could reccomend some decent software which will allow me to do it. If there is any kind of freeware about that someone has used before and works well then that would be ideal but I am open to all suggestions :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Gareth

Last edited:
Use SUPER (amazing video converter) to convert the .mov files into .avi or .mpg, then use VirtualDub (amazingly useful video editor) to piddle about with the editing. This is how I would do it anyway.

Cheers guys!

SUPER did a good job converting them and I have Sony Vegas now so will have a go with that and see what happens :D