Vehicle CTF

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Joko

Be Young. Be Foolish. But Be Happy!
Dec 12, 2001
Scotland
I'm lovin vehicle CTF, personally I thought it might suck but the more I play it the better it gets. It was like assault used to be, only a few maps but very addictive.

As for the gameplay, obviously its still CTF so get one flag to the other but with the vehicles there is so much more teamplay. E.g. if you get on your hoverboard u can "grapple" onto the back of a vehicle and be taken whever the vehicle goes, even if its a raptor flying into the sky. So if the defence isn't sharp you can get very quick caps, but one single bullet breaks the grapple and you fall to the ground.

If you played UT2004 and thought vehicles sucked this is COMPLETELY different, everything is much more balanced with the hoverboard, and the Avril actually does some damage! Also I thought it might appeal to people in this community because the minigun is incredibly overpowered so we can have endless discussions about hitboxes and tickrates and zeroping :yipee:

Seriously, this is THE gametype, forget boring, frustrating warfare, get some fast action and nice teamplay with vehicle CTF!!!

anyway, I like it :D

This is clearly an advert for vehicle ctf and i wanted to know if anyone else is enjoying it.

In any case, people that make posts such as this really shouldn't comment on ... well ..... anything really.

gimp.

Yepp Joko , we play it mostly or better only in league ^^

But all in all every League is dead :( , or better the game is already DEAD :/

Most Fun on the DFP servers hehe :)

The game is like Assault now , u play everytime against the Same People . And the game is not a half year old o_O . Thats shit , Epic makes also Shit !

ok so over the past few weeks more and more people playing vctf now. e.g. just now on UT3 there are over 150 ppl playing (peak time i know but there are always half decent servers). The skill level is kinda low tho, so you can own easily ;)

I just had the longest single game of my life! Last about an hour, was a 1-1 deadlock for ages, both teams defending amazingly, then one of our guys sneaked through with the flag. (I had fun with my sniper/avril/mini combo ;)

Seriously guys it owns! :D

ScreenShot00002.jpg

I really can't get into the vehicle aspect of UT, might give it another try but from my experience someone hops into a vehicle and rampages all the people without a vehicle, abit stupid.

Playing DM, but tbh not alot, as Spitter said the game still seems to be low population, whether this is because lots of people have a computer which can't handle it or because the game is boring people already is hard to tell, I hope eventually an AS mod will be made by manipulating WAR, and at the same time people upgrade their PC! :P

Last edited:
Problem is, when people have afford to upgrade to play ut3, another game comes out like ut4 or smthn..
and those with high end PC´s start playing those instead :satan:

The other thing.. it looks amazing, but if you have all that shit turned on you cant fucking see anything proper.. theres always fog or effects and shit in the way, so you have to spend like a week tweaking your ini for gameplay rather than eye candy.. which tbh is fucking annoying.

Ok, yeah I have a pretty well setup ini for UT1, but thats mainly cos I can't use the default renderers cos my PC is too new :lol: On my old PCs I could literally load UT, set a resolution, everything to high in menus and bind weaps/movement, and off I go - and tbh it was pretty much the same as I play now. Maybe thats why things like TF2 and CSS are more popular (although you can tweak the shit outta CSS, and prolly TF2) theyre playable at a high level without having to spend hours tweaking.

Oh I know about all the tweaks, but I getting the feel of your sensitivity right takes HOURS, I really cba for a game which people aint playing much anyway

Joko is dreamin UT3 is already DEAD o_O. I stop playing league wars there couz it give only Clanbase with clans wo dont show or come 1 hour later ... and nothing happens to them o_O . Not like here who doent show up loss ... And there are more CTF players in ut99 as UT3 players (all game types) on the most evenings .

Last edited: