Utaserver8

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hi, i use this thread to ask a question about server8....

fist a answer to shinon: the serever is linked to stats (timo did all and he also liniked it...)

allright my Question:

Yesterday DaS played WAL at server8 after server7 was down... Bas moved the game to server8 (It look some time till it worked out) and i was close to give DaS our b33r server to play match there...

Anyway i merced for WAL and the server lagged out with 500+ ping for everyone... i never seen a server so laggy... unplayable so the match was moved to server5... but when server8 was lagging i checked our private b33r server witch was totally normal... also a request to NGZ who are hosting this server gave me the answer that there was no technical problems...

So what are you doing to the server? UTAS gets more and more laggy - And it looks like this is all made by the server configs, mods, and anti-cheating software....

Is it possible to check out the server-setups please to avoid high pings? Maybe you can learn out of the yesterday uber-lag to find the source of the lag?!

Also i hope server8 is doing fine again... else reboot it plz (sometimes it help wonders)

greetz

dErzOnk

PS (i have no influence on server8 - because i not want to interfere with admins stuff and rights)

It's a known bug with all Linux hosted UT servers; happens now and again in any game type, there are workarounds which can be implemented, but the only cure at the time is a map change or process restart.