UTA survey! Rate the UK

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

UTA survey! Rate the UK

• Mostly positive

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Mostly negative

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Twonko

Love God
Jun 8, 2001
UK
The influence of Britain over the years has probably been mostly positive. What is it now?

The influence of Britain over the years has probably been mostly positive. What is it now?

Like when you almost signlehandedly supported the United States in their imperialist war of terror?

Or when you colonized, enslaved and brutalized 1/5 the world?

How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's Poorest Nation Created Our World and Everything In It

That's some funny yet interesting reading.

It is interesting how peeps abroad see your country, innit? ;)

I know that UK != england, so that's maybe abit unfair for Scotlan, Wales and NorthIreland.

Well it's normal, that people who live in UK say that the influence was and is mostly positive.
Most ppl would say so when it comes to their own country.

But often people abroad see it differently.
They don't know detailed history, hate it because they had a bad vacation there or of love it because they had a good vacation there.
So it can never be an objective view.
Sidenote: it's easier to remember bad things as remembering good things.

For me i can say, that when i think of UK the words colonys, puppy of USA in the war of terror, crusades, isolation and hooligans comes into my mind.
Well, the UK is abit isolated in europe. Caused by the fact that you are an island, that you still have ur own currency and drive on the left side.

I also heard summin in documentarys that occures now as i'm writing this.
There it has been said that some UK peeps still think that they are the powerful, great empire. Not taking in consideration that the world has much changed since the 19th century. Anyway...

Ofc i even see good Uk things:
James Bond ;), Jaguar cars :nod:, gorgeous landscape, rainy weather (i really like it), Shakespear, UK threated Germany fair after WW2, Zombie :nod: and prolly some other things i already forgot.

Overall i'll vote for mostly negative, knowing that most UK guys i know a great guys :)

Oh and pls stop making threads about every other country lol

But often people abroad see it differently.
They don't know detailed history, hate it because they had a bad vacation there or of love it because they had a good vacation there.
So it can never be an objective view.
Sidenote: it's easier to remember bad things as remembering good things.

That basically says it all, and these threads are absolutely useless, similiar to the one about the USA or any future ones about Germany, France, Spain or any other country, all of which have plenty of skeletons in their closet.

Shame many ppl are so narrow minded to only concentrate on certain ones really :rolleyes:

negative tbh. But I think there are few powerful countries that have a positive political course.
The whole palestine - israel thing can be seen as one of the biggest political failures in brittain history. You can even refer it back to the whole terrorist kinda things that are happening nowadays. What would have been of this world when the UK didnt interupt in the middle east? Guess we'll never know, but it cannot be as bad as what's happening now.
Also the puppy attitude of UK towards the US is another thing which makes my attitude towards the UK mostly negative.

As for non-political stuff: neither positive or negative. :)