Ut2k4 Demo The official what do you think of the demo Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ajax said:
i have been reading thier forum today and tbh i can't belive epics viewpoint on the hammer, they must know we going to edit...
It seems, that Epic don't give a shit about AS-veterans.
UT2k4-AS is only a bad joke. You can't hammerjump and a "flare" lead you to the next objective. Ridiculous.

The only gametype which brings fun is ONS. But many people said that Epic "stole" the idea from Tribes 2.
pld :p:.

Epic 'morphed' to EA.
Every year a new game-version, without new ideas.

cu till UT2k5. :barf:

I haven't played the demo cos I couldn't be bothered dloading it. I just don't know why Epic didn't just come here to the biggest UT assault community and basically transplant the UTA version of assault into UT2K4. It's about as close to perfect as it can get atm, so just take this basic template (including hammer-jumps and launches) and make a UT2K4 version of it. Instead they claim hammer launches and so on were actually bugs, and hammer-jumps and rocket launches are for some reason not allowed any more - they didn't take the gamers' opinions into consideration at all. Same as with UT2K3. Then they wonder why people don't like it :confused:

Useless said:
I haven't played the demo cos I couldn't be bothered dloading it. I just don't know why Epic didn't just come here to the biggest UT assault community and basically transplant the UTA version of assault into UT2K4. It's about as close to perfect as it can get atm, so just take this basic template (including hammer-jumps and launches) and make a UT2K4 version of it. Instead they claim hammer launches and so on were actually bugs, and hammer-jumps and rocket launches are for some reason not allowed any more - they didn't take the gamers' opinions into consideration at all. Same as with UT2K3. Then they wonder why people don't like it :confused:
well... where are the moders?
start programming and get the hammerjumps back in...
cuz actually you can hammerjump in UT2k3... or not? I seen it few times in movies...

Thinking of it.... If hammerjumps and Rocketlaunches are bugs???
wtf.... allmost every map in UTA would end in a Tie... and would be pretty boring after all...

Useless said:
I just don't know why Epic didn't just come here to the biggest UT assault community and basically transplant the UTA version of assault into UT2K4.

Even tho we are the biggest AS community we still are a tiny tiny community. They feel like assault was abandoned when launching came in. (i wouldnt know, i got internet access after this point). Transporting utas as it is would probably be a bad idea seeing the number of people who are playing it today.

Since hammerjump posts are deleted in ina forums, ill post this here :
Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
its also a fact that the maps have been balanced with these rules in mind. changing one relatively simple rule can break maps or shift the balance in another direction altogether.
Why wasnt assault designed with the same physics as the other mods in the first place ??
U are missing the most important feature of assault : Without hammerjump i have found every single trick there is in Convoy 2 weeks after the release, i just dont see playing it after 6 months really.

Japster said:
Since hammerjump posts are deleted in ina forums, ill post this here :

Why wasnt assault designed with the same physics as the other mods in the first place ??
U are missing the most important feature of assault : Without hammerjump i have found every single trick there is in Convoy 2 weeks after the release, i just dont see playing it after 6 months really.
tr00 japs but......there are ALWAYS flaws and kind of bugs in a game. And knowin Epic there will be lots :P

apex said:
tr00 japs but......there are ALWAYS flaws and kind of bugs in a game. And knowin Epic there will be lots :P
Indeed, all Willhaven is doing in ina forums is boasting bout making the gameplay "cheese-free" ( = nerf the hammer) when the same effect would be accomplished with blocking volumes.
Will, 3 guys can hammer over repair vessel, use defenders kickers and wait in final, TAKE IT :P

Japster said:
Will, 3 guys can hammer over repair vessel, use defenders kickers and wait in final, TAKE IT :P
:lol:

Nice one :thumb:

I'm so sick of these bastards ruining gametypes they know nothing about.

i'll probz jus wait till hl 2 to come out if i want a game where the makers listen to the community

I wanna see doom 3 after a few mods but i dunno what itd be based on... they couldnt make just another single player

plus i hate it when youre mapping, and ur making something really good in ued and suddenly BEEEEEEEEEP its all gone. then when u try and find out how u fix the bug, no1 knows, or has ne suggestions :P

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
good thing i put a blocking volume over the ceiling of the entire map for the final version then :)
And we simply wont play it on the grounds of it being an utter pile of shit and an insult to UTA.

aye i wont be playin 2k4 AS lol.

Iv totally changed my mind after playin it a bit more. Its fucking bollox with the 7 second spawn bs and the objectives that u have to stand on for fecking ages.

f00k that pish.

still playin ONS like everyone else here tho :P

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
good thing i put a blocking volume over the ceiling of the entire map for the final version then :)
Why didnt u use blocking volumes from the start and leave the hammerjump as in other modes ?
Nerfing hammer instead of using blocking volumes is just shitting in your own pants imo ( read lazy mapmaking )
..and ceiling aint the only way to get to final ;)

what are you guys talking about?? i mean... that ceiling stuff?

Felerian said:
what are you guys talking about?? i mean... that ceiling stuff?
invisible roof.. ie u cant jump up on top of the wagons :o

on a sidenote, if they will start to bring out a new version of the game every year, i think the "progaming" community sooner or later will move to other games; 1 year of the game to the adapt to changes u might not like or play a game that nobody else plays... ill prolly stick with ut for a while coz of this; i otherwise ill sooner or later be stuck with a game with a huge community of 100 players (say 2k3 100, 2k4 100, 2k5 100, 2k6 100, 2k7 100, 2k8 4000... i suppose u know what i mean) :x

A new 'unreal' every second year would be good I think.. then they could place the singleplayer games in between.. two - three years are around when most gamers get new computers anyway.. (If they have the money ofcourse)

id like it if they released mayb Unreal 3 then, the year after that, UT2k6, then after that Unreal 4, then the next year UT2k8

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:

so if you can put it on we CAN put it off lets just call it AS-ConvoyUTASTYLE :P