ut2k3league.net

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Layout of the news menu, members menu, servers menu, and the officials page look incredibly familiar. :freak:

Even got the same buttons as uta :nono: that is lazy

Let me explain some things. I had 1 layout totally finished. Didnt looked anything like the uta site. Only problem was that it took ages to load. Cause of the pics, etc etc etc. The site, just as uta is supposed to load very fast and is only ment to display the league stats and signing up. And stg bout the look familiar. If i go out on the net i see 100000000000000000 sites with the same setup. But the difference from us is the php and mysql scripting.

I even remember if some1 wanted to start ut2k3 league he could take over the uta site and redecorate it. And now we start our own and it looked a bit the same and some ppl start complaining
:( Soz if it looked that way but build it totally on my own and didnt coopy paste or steal shit like that.

:wave:

Originally posted by dutchdude
Soz if it looked that way but build it totally on my own and didnt coopy paste or steal shit like that.
The table widths on the officals table are identical 12% 25% 25% 62%, the headings on the menus are the same, the file names and directory structure is identical in places, the news.gif and other buttons are the exact same files. Can't you admit it? I'm not really overly bothered myself as I didn't create the html or images that have been ripped, but it seems extremly cheap to me especially without giving any credit. If you can code your own php whats wrong with your own buttons and layout? :confused:

How should i name the news section? cheap bananas.gif???

The .gif extension is because that is the smallest file format instead of jpg. And the % you are talking is cause that ppl with 800*600 can see themenu at least. M8making sites was my job.

And believe me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if i stole it i would have asked it. Honest. I feel bit ashamed that if some1 puts enough energy in some thin he get moaned. How did you feel when you started this.

Be honest: how many sites did you see online where you thought "Hey those look a bit the same"?

Don't want to spoil any more on this topic. :wave:

omg completly denying it? Think you've already spoiled the topic.

news.gif 72x14pixels 1007bytes
leagues.gif 72x14pixels 1020bytes
members.gif 76x14pixels 1063bytes
servers.gif 72.14pixels 1031bytes
forums.gif 72x14pixels 988bytes
officials.gif 72x14pixels 1009bytes

IDENTICAL FILES!

The table layout and percentages could be configured in a million different ways, the source is identical you've just stripped out the font tags and put a style sheet in. Even the spacing is identical if you view the source.

Attachments

• identical.jpg
    identical.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 310
the officials part i didnt denied that is the only part that i used the same layout. But for the rest ...................NO but ffs if you moan bout that ill remake it ffs. Btw do you call all the other ppl who uses vbulletin also cheap that they copied that 1 from you???

:nono:

Admission on offials page ok. and the images...
And I havn't mentioned vBulletin, sure link your news page with your forum everyone does it, but the menus, the layout of them, the text used has been lifted "that (officals page) is the only part that i used the same layout" :rolleyes: The bookings of uta is the most outdated and seperate part of the uta site, can't believe the same methods look to be replicated.

Attachments

• identical2.jpg
    identical2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 296
well well well

Posted in bombing Run League thread by Phear

The league system is available to anyone who wants to use it for another league maybe, it was originally developed by me but arse has made some hefty modifications, so you'll probably have to get permission from him, but if you want a complete league system in a box its there.

If you want to start a BR or whatever league I suggest your best plan of action is to get yourself a domain, some PHP space and talk to arse (if he's interested of course) about modifying the site, aside from content the changes should be pretty minimal. Then speak to ISP's about getting some servers, in the same way I did when starting uta :D [/B]

Well we wanted to start a 'BR or whatever' league so
1. I got ourselves a domain and some PHP space :D
2. Contacted arse about integrating the league system
3. Tried to contact CS via ICQ if he wanted to take a part in it but he never replied.

Jarse supported the idea of integrating the league system on the ut2k3 site but at that time he was too busy setting up the 2v2 league on this site. still, he promised he would look into it and may provide the full system later.
So until then we tried to set up a temporary website which still in a hmmm beta version. You able to sign up as player and sign up your clan. Dutchdude has been working on it hard and since there was a hope that the uta league system might be applied, we wanted to have the first layout to be as similar to the uta site as possible.

I hope the above explains the similarity of the uta site and our site. Of course, if in any way it violates CS feelings (I don't understand why tho) we are very sorry.

More importantly, instead of critisising a website that is (just like uta) entirely set up and run by 3 of us in our spare time and on our own cost, we would really approciate some help.

If you have the time CS to carefully examine the pixels of a loosy button on our site then why you didn't reply to my icq messages?
The offer is still there, any help is approciated and we are open to all suggestions.

When I said ppl could have the system for another league I kinda meant the PHP / mysql part (since thats the hard time consuming part to create), the site design doesn't really count as a league system.

If you wanna lift the site design I don't really care tbh, but like CS says its a bit cheap :)

ffs the league site design isn't even good :lol:

As Phear said.
And comparing images, eyes, right click properties. Could almost create a new original button in the few seconds it takes.

well least they have tried guys, who knows could be a useable league

will keep my eye on this one see how it turns out