ut2k3 assault 1.0 - released

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I got this almost as soon as it came out. For anyone wh hsnt got it yet, just dont hold your hopes up on those maps. Almost all of them a awful. Bad design, full of bugs. Just rushed.

The mod itself is nice, but the standard maps are very bleh.

Will be better in 2-3 months when some good customs are out.

k.. played through all the maps....

As Baha said, the mod itself is fine, but the maps suck.

They are all fatally flawed in some way or another.... The only map I felt stood a chance of being remotely fun to play online was AS-Highbomb.

....I accept that I'm not as familiar with the mechanics of UT2k3's gameplay as I am with UT's so it's difficult for me to say how impossible it's gonna be to stand still on a switch for 8 seconds.

well im not very familliar with ut2k3's gameplay either, but when i look at the mazon remake, i dont really need to be to be able to see that its awfully designed.

at the start you have 3 autocannons which are permanently fireing, you can only attack via chains, you cant launch, the last bit to the chains you have to swim and you can only leave the water at 2 spots. the defenders have rocketlaunchers, shockrifles, snipers and a redeemer. i mean wtf?

then once u made it past the chains you have to get to the 2nd level which u can only reach over a single slow lift.

this map is unplaybale and so are basicly all others. i guess the coding of the mod is good from what i can see but before someone releases some decent maps you can save the downloadtime.

On mazon u can also do shield jumps sauron to get on the switch after the chains, tho i agree that map totally SUX. Anyway I liked the mod pld some online games and i pretty enjoyed it, timing objects.. nice idea but aint gonna work well maybe in 2v2 with shield gun but that should be deleted imo :x. Keep up the good work, make some nice maps and its really nice to play I'm sure :D.

I like the mod

Its verry enjoyable

Try it with Zoom Insta (Im an insta player) And its a lot of fun

Need some insta servers up ;)

nice mod... but without any (yea, none of the maps are any good imo) maps the mod still sucks
there are spawnpoints where you instantly fall into water (loses u like 40 health? wtf?)
or where you have to fall down losing 10 health...then run up to a building, run up about 6 stairs with painfully slow doors while the defenders already spawn ontop of those stairs.

were these maps even tested? I think that they should have been tested with more than 2 players. (which is my estimate of the amount of beta testers)

Well basicly what others stated above, mod itself is good, but i was really hoping for better maps, few of them are are ok, few shoulnd be released anywhere imo.

I still think timed objectives wont work with this game, shure they are easy to get on normal play, but imagine 2 clans with tactics and voicecom, timed objectives will turn to tactical spampoints.

I haven't tried it but however bad it is, it's better than nothing. Leaving AS out and putting that much work into a mod as shite as Double Dom raises questions, but I'll take what I can get till the UT2K3 AS mappers get warmed up. Though tbh UT2K3 just doesn't interest me much :\