Ut2005

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well thats just nailed the lid shut on fraghub 2k4 ladders as for 1 im not gonna pay much intrest now as 2k4 is gonna be short lived and cba wasting my time on it now if theres a 2k5 getting released :byebye: 2k4 ladders lol

i dont believe this is true, theyve said countless times that there wont be a ut2005, that the next game they make will be unrealengine3 based which wont be ready before 2006, etc.

yes it may just be play.com allowing preorders 'incase' there is a ut2005 - but it doesnt look likely, especially since theres nonews from atari

Reactions: Player-63
Nope nothing on ut2k5 in the books, and the next ut game will be made with unreal 3 engine, which has only just been finished, im not even sure it has been properly finished yet.
Bioware has bought a liscence for it though, and from what ive seen so far is that the u3 engine will be used mostly on the XBox, not the PC. Which sucks! So id say we've got at least 1yr to wait for next UT game. Which i will not be buying

NiGhT_owl said:
and from what ive seen so far is that the u3 engine will be used mostly on the XBox, not the PC.
hm dno where u got that but i say its most probably bullshit.
the u3 engine was first introduced on the geforce6800 launch, and an engine that capable wud be put to waste if it was licensed for consoles only.

btw atari doesnt have anythign to do with any upcomming unreal titles, epic is now under contract with midway.

smile.gif
Preorderd

Last edited:
Unreal Tournament 2006 - 2007
The next Unreal Tournament title to be released will probably be UT2006/7, its likely that it's being developed on Unreal Engine 3 to be released any time between 2006 and 2007, as Mark Rein explains.
For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with [Unreal Engine 3].​
For this reason, its obvious that the next Unreal Tournament will be a whole new game rather than a continuation of the UT2003/4 codebase, which is based around Unreal Engine 2.5. Also, since Epic are already working on another major title (see the 'Next Big Thing' below), its likely that the next UT will ship after this new title. Only one possible image of the next UT has been released so far... click here to see an Unreal Engine 3 powered Malcolm.
:( :bawling:

:) Glad i got my new Graphics Card (GeForce 6600 GT AGP8x) :)

Click For Pic

Last edited:
Unless they give us the hammer back and a bit more power in the mini gun I won't bother.
They have to release a really improved game before I fall into this trap.
A new game every year? Pff...

I can find another game then.

Yeah , I think it may be time to find a new type of game like half life 2 with a mod or something, , cant keep recreating the league and all the servers etc each time a new game comes out.

Reactions: Player-63
logan5 said:
Yeah , I think it may be time to find a new type of game like half life 2 with a mod or something, , cant keep recreating the league and all the servers etc each time a new game comes out.

just keep this one going then
:)