Ut2005

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

No Ut2005...

for those ppl who do not believe popioul, NiGhT_owl and me, be my guest and read for yourself:

February 22, 2005 9:43 AMIn a brief but pointed statement, Beyond Unreal has gone on record that publisher Midway Games has firmly stated that "there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005." This statement counters the recent sightings of some online retailers showing an Unreal Tournament 2005 in their up-and-coming listings.The "no UT in 2005" statement most likely is meant to cover the possibility of a UT2005, as Xbox fans will probably note that Unreal Championship 2 is set to release in just over a month.BeyondUnreal - No UT in 2005Digital ExtremesMacSoftEpic GamesUnreal Tournament 2004
Link to read original

In a brief but pointed statement, Beyond Unreal has gone on record that publisher Midway Games has firmly stated that "there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005." This statement counters the recent sightings of some online retailers showing an Unreal Tournament 2005 in their up-and-coming listings.

The "no UT in 2005" statement most likely is meant to cover the possibility of a UT2005, as Xbox fans will probably note that Unreal Championship 2 is set to release in just over a month.
Link to read original

What is next for Epic?
Well already being demonstrated is the Unreal Engine 3.0 and its impressive set of new features and its capabilites. The detail of some of the actors and possibilites within UE3.0 already put it higher than a complete map of UT99 and that is just for a character.
As shown with Doom3 lighting and effects are important and with a not so far mentioned game called Far Cry it demonstrates what an effect in games some new technical effects can have.
Most and more will be included in UE3.0 and as yet it is unknown what Epic plan to do with this engine. It is almost certain that UT2004 will get upgraded and be called UT2006, although rumours are it could be called UT2005. I do not think it will be UT2005 because UT2004 has just (November 2004) had a major refresh in the way of being sold as UT2004 Editors Choice Edition which includes extras and a more up to date patch a bit like in UT99 the UT:GOTY edition was sold. It certainly would not make sense to make a game called UT2005 to be released in the middle of UT2005. It would make even less sense to release a game called UT2005 at the end of 2005 too. It would more likely be like UT2003 which was released towards the end of 2002 in readyness for 2003. Whether I am right or wrong is of little importance. The engine does look capble of taking gamine to an all new level of realism in an unreal world!
Link to read Original

this is new, but good (and its on our forums too :P):
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?p=1180165#post1180165