UT Starting Problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jEr

-)EaS*
Jan 16, 2004
The Netherlands
Hey, this night, my ut suddenly wouldn't run anymore (something with a looping problem :s (2nd time I had this shit)), I tried some stuff, but didn't help, so I reinstalled ut.
Somehow I got every extra file that doesn't belong to the ut on the disc, remaining in the old folders. So I thought, if I paste those files into my new ut in specific folders, I'd get my old settings back and all. But now I got the critical error message below and so ut doesn't run:bawling:.
What do I have to do to get it running again? Could anyone please help?

P.S. I tested ut after the reinstall, then everything worked out (but with suckage settings that I don't want, though)

Last edited:
In UT\System, try copying the file called Default.ini, delete ur Unrealtournament.ini and rename the copied Default.ini file to Unrealtournament.ini.

Then run UT

You should make a copy of default.ini and rename it instead of rename a file.
I can guess UT needs that one.

guess what, a third error :x

nm me now, I'm gonna remove it completely and reinstall ---> by by settings :bawling:

btw, I had to reinstall ut twice because there was a problem with ''main loop'' or something,
is there anything to fix that, cause I bet I'd get it a third time... if I know what to do I can keep my settings, that would be just so nice

btw third error, another one, but just don't pay attention to it lol :teehee:

Last edited:
sometimes in the middle of the game I got funny errors too, they are about 20 lines, I just restart UT and it's all fine ;)

IceDragon said:
sometimes in the middle of the game I got funny errors too, they are about 20 lines, I just restart UT and it's all fine ;)

who hasn't got those? I got them too lol, but this one prevents me from starting ut m8 :P
(3rd time already)

btw already got new parts pyke, like half a year now ;)

nm already reinstalled (2nd time @ the same prob, already did twice for another prob long time ago :x), btw of course I checked that too first, got engine.int and .u from others and replaced, didn't work