UT RogerWilco Mod

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Neo

Jun 8, 2001
Solihull, UK
Hey! just came up with a sweet idea in my head but i cant code anything.. can anyone else? k heres the plan :)

Make a Server Side Mod that will setup a rogerwilco basestation when turned on... when the client connects to the ut server he will automatically enter the rw channel dedicated for that team.. say "192.168.0.1/server1/red" server1 becuase most servers run more than 1 ucc.. so this will cope with that nicely :)

ehem anyway the client connects and joins that channel.. he can then freely speak with his team in the game (i spose u could disable the option somwhere within ut or summin.. or just turn the fookin mic off :rolleyes: hehe)

Would completely rock but i dunno how to do it.. security maybe an issue cus u could connect to the server manually and listen to what they are saying.. hmm maybe some kinda random password genorator .. the client will be accepted into the channel because hes in the right server and on the right team kinda thing..i dunno :)

Anyone out there who has a clue how to do this make it happen!!!!! ffs :D

TAKE IT!!

Pfffff cant Rogerwilco people impliment something so u can? anyone got a contact e-mail so i can speak to em?

Its not an RW issue, if uscript could run RW it would be easy to do from command line, but uscript can launch programs AFAIK :(

Dunno how the automated server setup project is coming along, but couldn't it be incorperated into that..
So the same app. that calls the UT server also calls RW..
Dunno if you can set up RW that way though?

Just brainstorming (well.. it's 4.30 am so actually it's more like a little wind :D)

LOL that would be a damn interesting way to do things but that kind of approach could be used. Run an external app with a UDP/TCP listenport open get UT to send data to the listenport on the loopback address and get the external app to fire up RW. Its hellishly messy but it could probably be made to work.

it's a very good idea imo, however I do see some problems it may cause in matches... usually if a team m8 looses connection to the server, or his UT crashes, you will still have him on RW, the proposed way wouldn't he also loose his connection to RW?

:rolleyes: wut do I know....

It would be extremely neat if it was possible to implement vioce comm in a mod or mutator. And even though calls to external apps might be a bitch, I'm not certain it's impossible within UScrip, seeing what DrSin has made CSHP do..

On a side note, Valve are still supporting the HalfLife community with continousely patching for this kind of features, too bad Epic has more or less discontinued UT.

Head over to Gamespy and check out this article about some of the new features in the upcoming 1.1.0.7 patch, introducing both multicast ala UTV and feature rich voice communications.

swyzz is talking about project LAZY, check the status out here
but I'm afraid the LAZY forum is kinda dead, better contact fronck over ICQ

I've already messed around a bit with roger wilko.
From command line u can Join a channel, enter setup, shut down and change nick.

$iif($isfile($snc.dir(roger)),$menuitem(Roger Wilko))
.$iif($rrogerwilko(1) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(1) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(1) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(2) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(2) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(2) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(3) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(3) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(3) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(4) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(4) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(4) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(5) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(5) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(5) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(6) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(6) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(6) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(7) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(7) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(7) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(8) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(8) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(8) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(9) != $null,$menuitem( JOIN [ $rrogerwilko(9) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(9) }
.$iif($rrogerwilko(10) != $null,$menuitem( [ $rrogerwilko(10) ] )):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $rrogerwilko(10) }
.$menuitem(Quick join):{ if ($input(Enter channel (optional),1) != $null) { var %temp.rwchan $! | run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $$input(Enter ip,1) $+ $chr(47) $+ %temp.rwchan } | else { run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ join1 $$input(Enter ip,1) } }
.$menuitem(SETUP chans):{ dialog -m rogerwilko rogerwilko }
.$menuitem(Set up rw):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ wizard }
.$menuitem(Shut down):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ shutdown }
.$menuitem(Temp nick):{ run $snc.dir(roger) $chr(47) $+ callsign $$input(Enter nick,1) }
$iif(($isfile($snc.dir(roger)) != $true),$menuitem(Roger Wilko))
.$menuitem(Set dir):{ snc.findfile roger roger.exe }

Can't be arsed to cut out specific commands but u can prolly work it out . I was going to make a sort of !wut but for roger wilko, I can get the last used ip from the registry

;HKEY_CURRENT_USER,\Software\Resounding\Roger Wilco,address-a

But I couldn't work out how to find out if rw was running/connected or not Maybe it's also in the registry, but i can't be bothered to trya nd work it out through trial and error. chr 47 is / btw

edit : i also e-mailed them a few weeks ago asking if it's possible to get teh current adress/if roger wilko is connected through the roger.dll there, but no answer :/

I've always wanted to be able to have a little picture in picture of your teammate's while playing but I can't see that happening anytime soon :( .

Darkheart

darkheart has that to do with RW ? RW is fully Audio, non-Video and therefore non-picture prog

Yeah Ace, like I said the command line to launch RW and switch channels is easy :) Getting UT to run that command line would be a bitch. Sin has done a LOT with CSHP that most people haven't managed to do with uscript but he hasn't yet had any kind of interaction with external programs and he has one big advantage most uscripters dont, the full UT source code (not just the uscript classes).

This does sound like a great idea, but (you knew that was coming didn't you :P).

What happens to the players who are subs in a match??
With RW running externally on all the players PC's if one drops or gets a power cut at home then the others can simply say to the sub "xxx Join Server!!!"

If this is designed so that only players who are in the server can hear what is happening, it will mean that the team who lost one player will need to lose another while he quits/minimises UT and goes on ICQ to get the other sub, who will also need to have UT not running or minimised in order to read the incoming ICQ.
Where as with RW running externally with a non-UT host, subs can have UT running with bind to connect to the server at the push of a button and no players currently in server are lost either.

I dare this in the heat of battle this could mean the difference between losing or winning a map (or even a match).

I read till this and then got lazy and skipped everything

Good idea, but AFAIK you can't execute external programs from uscript

But ermm isnt there a win amp mod for UT isnt that kinda the same as RW mod ( for UT )??

I dont know shite juzz a Q

yes there is a UTwinamp mod:
you can start winamp outside of UT, switch to DirectSound-output at winamp, minimize it, and in UT you got via that mod the control bar of winamp (play, pause, stop, next/previous track,volume).
Pretty funky to play AS with some god tunes in background, like Metallica :D